Solved

Creating a "bucket field" in Reporting

• 12 March 2020
  • 7 replies

Is there any way to create a rule to add a column to my reports in order to group accounts by specific data? I would like to create a formula that looks at # of employees field on the account object and buckets the account based on segment. 

icon

Best answer by keith_mattes 16 March 2020, 19:45

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I don’t know if this helps but Row Grouping is an option based of already existing fields:

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Reports_and_Dashboards/Admin_Guides/Report_Settings_and_Advanced_Options#Row_Grouping

It sounds like you were looking for a way to group accounts with a range of numeric values (e.g. # of employees 1-100, 101-500, 501-1000) and have that be a brand new field/value in reporting?

Yes, trying to create new fields that will pull into a single column in reporting based on # of employees. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Maybe create custom field on your company object for “Employee Count Band” and then add a new drop-down list of values for your employee “banding” levels and then create a rule to pickup that value based on the ranges you desire against the source data and that should do it ??? 

I also think GS has some built in banding usually applied to ARR and market segmentation that could potentially be leveraged as well. Hope this was helpful? :)

Thank you @keith_mattes! I will definitely give this a try!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

If you want/need to chat, please let me know in case I didn’t provide enough detail 🙂 Happy to help out if I can!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Maybe create custom field on your company object for “Employee Count Band” and then add a new drop-down list of values for your employee “banding” levels and then create a rule to pickup that value based on the ranges you desire against the source data and that should do it ??? 

I also think GS has some built in banding usually applied to ARR and market segmentation that could potentially be leveraged as well. Hope this was helpful? :)

Thanks, Keith for your response, today leveraging rules to populate the field is the way for this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@keith_mattes did you get a chance to view comments posted by our team, please let us know if you need any help.