Solved

Contacts assigned to tasks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Is there a way to create a report to show contacts associated with CTAs/Tasks?
icon

Best answer by rakesh 15 April 2020, 13:10

View original

19 replies

Badge
Yes, absolutely. In the Report Builder, select CTA as the data source. Then Show me Count of ID or Count of Call to Action By Assignee Name. From there, you can filter to narrow down by Status, CTA Type and/or Assignee. There is a lot of flexibility. If you put results in a chart or graph, then click on a bar, it will bring up additional detail like Account Name and CTA Name.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks!  I was looking to show CTAs assigned to contacts.  So, for instance, I have a CTA for On-boarding for Coca-Cola assigned to me, and I need to work with Joe Smith at Coca-Cola during On-boarding.  How can I report on that contact field?  See below.

Hi Heather

I am pretty sure thats not an option. Looks like you cant really do anything with that associated contact field. And hence find that field useless right now. 

I would open this as an idea

Naquiyah Cash
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Not directly reportable from the CTA object. But if you access the "Associated Records" object (see below), you can report on all these associated Contacts along with the source CTA and Account.

Hi Manu

How are you able to get the Account Name field for the associated contact? I can't seem to bring it in below is my screenshot.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Looks like the Account name is not available by default. Per Sidhu's suggestion on the other thread, the best option is to create formula fields to pull down Contact and Account level data to this object.
Yeah saw that thanks. Will do that
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Manu, could you walk me through step by step how to use the formula  from the other thread to do this?
Hi Heather:

You would need to make a few fields.

1.  Create an account lookup (you do not need to populate this)

2.  Create an Account Id formula that returns a text value (JBCXM__Contact__r.AccountId)

3.  Create an Account Name formula that returns the Account name value (JBCXM__Contact__r.AccountName)

I have attached 3 photos.  Let me know if this helps.

Is this still the approach in getting the contact name into the reports? I create an objective/CTA, select a contact name from the list. I would like to include this contact name in my report. Is there a way to do that?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi Laura,

You can build a Data Space on the 'Associated Records' object to report on these Contacts alongside Objective CTAs and even Success Plan level attributes. There is no need to create formula fields now.
I just fell in love with Data Spaces. Thank you. Quick question. If I have CTA's that do not have a primary contact name for a number of reasons. Is there a way to include those without a contact name in the report but just have the contact name empty? And/or is there a way to find all CTAs/Objectives with blank contact names?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
If a CTA doesn't have any Contact associated, there would be no record for that CTA in the 'Associated Records' object. So nothing to report on. What we could do is build a rule to do a count of associated Contacts and write that to the 'Call to Action' object. You could then report on the CTA object directly to grab a list of CTAs with '0' associated Contacts.

Do you always associate a single Contact to a CTA? If yes, we could do a linked object instead (screenshot below). This would enable you to grab, in a single report, CTAs that do or do not have the primary Contact associated.

Interesting. There is no such thing as "always" for us. We are very new to gainsight. I am trying to make sure I do things in a way that we get valuable information out. With the linked object, could I include the contact name in a report then? Right now, my thought was to use the contact field to enter the primary contact. This is primarily so that the CTA doesn't show up more than once on my report. We might find that later to be too limiting. Again, we are new. 
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
We need to instrument something scalable, so makes sense. Yes, with the linked object, you will be able to report on the CTA object and pull in the primary Contact details (via Data Space). Could you please share what kind of CTA you are creating here? Understanding your workflow would shed more light on the best path forward.

Thanks,

Manu
Badge

@manu_mittal - Is an enhancement in Data Space possible to allow the CTA object to be the source object and allow us to navigate through to the AssociatedRecord. That would allow a single report to be able to report on CTAs both with or without contacts.

It’s odd to me that it’s possible if you start with AssociatedRecord as the source that you can navigate to the CTA object, but not the other way around.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @nora_soza 

Data space only can navigate on direction because of the way joins (lookups) are defined (We can go from one to many, but not the other way round)

I would recommend you to try Data Designer which allows you freedom in the way you can join objects. Let me know if your problem can be solved via Data Designer or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@nora_soza is your problem solved with Data Designer? Do you need any help here?​​​​​​

Badge

Hey  @sai_ram - It does. Based off an initial build, we lose some of the field formatting after the ETL. I will continue to explore the config options.