Solved

Conditional Reports in CoPilot Emails

• 19 April 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge
Hi - We are putting together a monthly utilization report for our clients. We have multiple products that clients could be using and we want to include the relevant report based on the products listed in their SFDC record. I tried including the varied reports in a single email, but the report shows a flat line if the account doesn't have that product.

I also looked at the segmentation functionality. Unfortunately, that would only work well if the clients have one product or another. However, there are many different combinations and even if I could build out the number of 'variant' templates to meet our needs, I'm not sure how we could get the criteria to match exactly.

What we really need is for the segmentation to behave more like tokens. Include this segment when this condition is met and so forth. Is that something that's a possibility?

If not, is there a way to make the report visible only if a condition in an SFDC field is met?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 19 April 2017, 21:22

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Very interesting idea, Elizabeth!

Sounds similar in concept to what is being discussed in this thread: https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/conditions-in-email-template
Badge
It is! I even commented on that one.  I have short-term rememory loss . . . . :)

Badge
In the meantime, Dan. Any ideas how I can make the report visible only if there's data?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Elizabeth. So here's a thought - you could use the Email Variant feature to do this. Basically use that SFDC condition as your variant trigger and have two versions of the CoPilot template - one that has the report (if the condition is met) and a second variant that does not have the report (for when the condition is not met). 

Would this accomplish what you were trying to do?
Badge
Unfortunately, the variant feature really isn't flexible enough for us. As I mentioned, we have multiple products so it's not just a simple matter of on or off. We would have to have a separate template for every possible combination and I don't think the variant criteria in the outreach will support that level of complexity. Is there any other way to accomplish this goal?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
That's the only way I'm aware of, but maybe one of our product folks will chime in and share either another creative approach or perhaps an idea related to roadmap future functionality.
Badge
Thanks, Dan. This is a big initiative for us so all ideas are welcome!