Add/subtract months and years to dates in formula fields

Related products: None

Hey all,

Another area that lacks consistency or parity. Why can’t I add months or years to a date?

Can we please make this area of formula field consistent and allow us to add months and years to a date? Like we can in other areas.

In my use case, I have a license term in months, and I want to add months to the effective start date since effective end date is mostly missing. 

Heavy +1!!
I’m also struggling a lot with the missing capabilities regarding date/ datetime fields. 
I’m piggybacking on Alizee’s idea but I have several in that same topic 😅:

·First/Last Day Of Current Year
    Use case: if I need to aggregate all opportunities of the same customer year by year, transforming the close date to the First Day of that and then grouping by GSID would do the trick. 

·Capability to compare dates in a case clause with date data type as output
   For example, if dateA < dateB, dateA, else, dateB

·Run datetime
   This could be useful to show when a report from a dataspace was last updated, the same way a last modified date of a Company Record is shown in the local time zone of the end user.

@anirbandutta I think this was on that day where I kept messing up with comments and types of posts… could we turn that into an idea instead of a question? Thank you!

@anirbandutta I think this was on that day where I kept messing up with comments and types of posts… could we turn that into an idea instead of a question? Thank you!

Ohh… Done.

Pl let me know if you spot this dodgy behaviour again.

@anirbandutta Can we get some eyes on this? I’m again in a process of experimenting with some financial calculations (getting MRR) within Gainsight and fiddling with days in Date Diff when someone had this wonderful idea that consisted of why wouldn’t we have months that are sometimes 28, sometimes 29, sometimes 30 and sometimes 31 days is pretty awkward for accuracy. But I’ll go lunar x).