Question

360 Filters - Hard to Identify What Criteria is being applied

• 26 August 2016
  • 2 replies

Within the Customer360 we have a key section where we surface usage reports for each of our clients

The information in the base table goes back as far as Jan 1 2014 but our Sales/AMs can filter these reports on a date field either using a Custom date or the presets that are available eg Current Year, Current Month, Current Month and Previous Month etc

However its really difficult for the user to know what time period the report is referring to

1) When looking at the view in the 360 you have to click on the Filter to see the filter value. It would be useful if any filter values were displayed on screen somewhere

2) Even if you click on the filter to see what the value is:

a) The used entry in the field is truncated - it may say "Current and Previous" but you dont know if thats day, week, month or year (see screenshot 1)

b) When you click on the dropdown you have to scroll down to find the highlighted blue option as by default when you click on the dropdown it shows you the top of the list (see screenshot 2)

Can you consider these for usability enhancements please ?

Thanks

Ian

2 replies

Yes! I would really want this for Customer dashboards. I'm used to a system like Tableau so I've pushed exec level dashboards to Tableau for clear slicing and dicing. Especially before dashboard level filtering. See an example below:

The filters are effective for comparisons for specific performance metrics but not analysis or discovery. Too much to ask?

But yes, at least visible filters.
We launched dashboard level locked filter (previously only had unlocked filter in yeterday's release. These filters are also more inline so easier to see. See more details at - https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/225925747-Release-Notes-Version-5-2-August-2016. Would love your feedback. thx