Tracking an element based on text

Related products: PX Product Mapper

Sometimes we use similar css on buttons of different purposes and the only differentiator is the text on the button. Would be great to be able to recognize this as a way to track.

@leslietou This capability already exists within PX.  However, it is hidden under a feature flag and only enabled for customers upon request.  See our documentation and sample screenshot below…

@christopher_sanderson 

@leslietou Just to add more context to this…

Using the “Text Capture Rule” should be your last resort, since it is not possible to “backfill” those feature events and will break if the text changes.  

Our best practice strategy is for customers to find/use a solid CSS selector, which may require your development team to add a unique CSS id, class, or attribute to those elements that are important to track.

@link_black ,

The Actual behaviour of the Text Capture rule is: 
Feature will be considered as triggered, once the user visits specific page where the selector exists.

E.g: Consider I have mapped a feature to a button with selector .button-step, in a specific URL application. Now after mapping, As soon as I visit the URL where I have mapped the feature, PX will consider as that feature is triggered, Ideally it should be after I click on the button. But If you use Text match rule, you don’t need to click on the button to consider it as triggered.

@leslietou If you are looking for this behaviour, We can enable the feature flag for you by raising a support ticket.

Thanks,

Shireesha

Thanks both for your responses. This is not really what i’m looking for so it wouldn't work. Thanks though.