There seem to be a lot of functionality issues with the Feature Guide (Knowledge Bot)

Related products: PX KC Bot

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone has tried to use the feature guide (knowledge bot) yet? I've run into some pretty major issues, as well as just some inefficient and confusing pain points. Hoping that someone has some insights, as these are really show stoppers for us being able to use this feature. This is for the product formerly known as Aptrinsic.

Major issues:

1. Setting the engagement visibility for the items in a feature guide doesn't impact the visibility of the feature guide. I found that out when I launched the feature guide, ostensibly for testing, to myself, and everyone saw it 😞.

2. There's no way to set feature guide visibility. Would have expected underlying engagement visibility to dictate the feature guide visibility, but that is not the case. Therefore, there is no way to test the feature guide.

3. There are some pages on our platform such as code editor tools where the feature guide button displays over the top of the primary action button. Cannot change location or allow user to close feature guide (remove bot button)

4. Can only set activation URLs for feature guide, but it will always display subsequently. We would like it only to display on particular pages, such as Home, Get Started, Flow Builder create flow, Integration details, and Account.

Pain points

1. Would have expected feature guide to show pages of the engagement. Only shows category, so you have Overview category with an Overview topic. That obviously doesn't work well.

2. Cannot link directly to Zendesk articles without admin access. Even after you add articles manually, there's no indication of where these display. Would expect them to display in the category I selected, but that does not seem to be the case. The tab doesn't even display in the editor.

3. Cannot rearrange pages of the feature guide, without removing and re-adding the engagements in subsequent order.

4. Cannot make a change (even in audience) to any underlying engagement without first removing it from the feature guide.

5. Cannot preview feature guide with content.

6. Cannot preview engagements once they are set to Automatic + Knowledge Bot.

Thanks!

Courtney

Hi @courtneyjordan

Welcome to the PX Community! I changed the topic associated with your post so that PX product experts will see it.

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for your feedback on the Knowledge Bot.

@ciarapeter as a FYI as we continue improving this part of PX.

When setting the Knowledge Bot visibility, you are correct that we don't have the functionality to target particular audiences (i.e. Engagement ABC is seen by Audience 123, but Knowledge Bot shows to all users). This is something that we're exploring to add to the product.

However, an alternative right now is to display the bot on certain URLs on Step #2 under Activation (we support wildcarded URLs too). If you would like to test, you can add in your personal URL if applicable and the Bot will appear only on that URL.

In regards to moving the bot, you are able to move it to the right side and offset it - see step #2 under "Position." Hopefully this will allow your buttons to show better as the bot isn't blocking.

Lastly, thank you for sharing your pain points. The community is monitored by our product leadership and taken heavily into consideration. We sincerely appreciate your candid feedback.

To your 4th point of Can only set activation URLs for feature guide, but it will always display subsequently. We would like it only to display on particular pages, such as Home, Get Started, Flow Builder create flow, Integration details, and Account:

Solution:

In KC Bot Editor> You can choose the URL's where you want the Bot to show up:

1. All Pages

2. All pages but exclude few pages

3. show only on certain pages

To your 3rd point, in addition to @alextran's point, you can configure whether the user can see the bubble speech/ full display of Bot, which can be closed with the x button.

To your 2nd point, lot of customers test this out on their staging environment of just by targetting one page/URL which is not commonly visited.

Moved over to PX Ideas for better tracking.

Hi everyone,

Wondering if anyone has tried to use the feature guide (knowledge bot) yet? I've run into some pretty major issues, as well as just some inefficient and confusing pain points. Hoping that someone has some insights, as these are really show stoppers for us being able to use this feature. This is for the product formerly known as Aptrinsic.

Major issues:

1. Setting the engagement visibility for the items in a feature guide doesn't impact the visibility of the feature guide. I found that out when I launched the feature guide, ostensibly for testing, to myself, and everyone saw it 😞.
  2. There's no way to set feature guide visibility. Would have expected underlying engagement visibility to dictate the feature guide visibility, but that is not the case. Therefore, there is no way to test the feature guide.
  3. There are some pages on our platform such as code editor tools where the feature guide button displays over the top of the primary action button. Cannot change location or allow user to close feature guide (remove bot button)
  4. Can only set activation URLs for feature guide, but it will always display subsequently. We would like it only to display on particular pages, such as Home, Get Started, Flow Builder create flow, Integration details, and Account.

Pain points

1. Would have expected feature guide to show pages of the engagement. Only shows category, so you have Overview category with an Overview topic. That obviously doesn't work well.
  2. Cannot link directly to Zendesk articles without admin access. Even after you add articles manually, there's no indication of where these display. Would expect them to display in the category I selected, but that does not seem to be the case. The tab doesn't even display in the editor.
  3. Cannot rearrange pages of the feature guide, without removing and re-adding the engagements in subsequent order.
  4. Cannot make a change (even in audience) to any underlying engagement without first removing it from the feature guide.
  5. Cannot preview feature guide with content.
  6. Cannot preview engagements once they are set to Automatic + Knowledge Bot.

Thanks!

Courtney

@courtneyjordan we have made few enhancements on KC BOT, which will help you. This enhancement is done and in March-2020 release.

Few advantages of this enhancement are:

• Audience exposure to the relevant Bot 
  • Customized onboarding checklist for selected Audience
  • Customized Knowledge Center documents for the Audience
  • Ability to track feedback and feature requests from specific Audience

Please go through this article for more information. Please let know us if you need any help, always welcome :-)