Hi folks, I think there’s a lot of room for improvement in how one goes about building, testing, and deploying engagements. Some challenges we’ve run into:
- There is essentially zero testing workflow. This causes us constant challenges as we have to work in a production environment.
- You cannot copy engagements from a test environment into a production one. This makes building in a test environment relatively useless due to duplication of effort required.
- There is no way to easily put something into "test mode" so that only certain users have access (without building a custom segment). There should be some kind of "sand box" mode where you can dig in and test.
- Preview mode doesn't always match what happens in reality.
- There is no way to test whether or not a segment will fire based on inputs. This is a big one. I think it would be great to have a sandbox/preview mode where there's a right-panel that allows you to change certain inputs. For example, entering an "account name" and "email address" to see if something would fire, with the ability to leverage existing view metrics (or override them), etc.
- There's no way to version an engagement, so you can test a new version before going live with it.
Thanks for listening!