Start knowledge bot from custom button or link

Related products: PX KC Bot

We'd like to implement the Knowledge Center Bot for our users to start PX tours at their liking. However, the KC button is always covering crucial functionality on our application. It would be nice if we could open the KC bot via a link, so we can add our own custom button in the application for users to open the bot or embed it in our existing Help Center.

Good suggestion @Jef Vanlaer .

@mickey 

Thanks!

This is planned for Q1 (Feb) @Jef Vanlaer 

@mickey I couldn't find this in the February release notes, so I guess it shifted to one of the next releases?

We’d like this functionality too! Did it make it into a release?

The embedded Knowledge Center Bot is available and we have successfully implemented in the meantime.

More info in the support documentation: https://support.gainsight.com/PX/Knowledge_Center_Bot/General/04_Embedded_Knowledge_Center_Bot

Thanks, but we don’t want to embed the knowledge bot - I’m assuming this is the only current solution?

@Tracymack As far as I know, it's the only solution at the moment indeed. It also fitted our initial feature idea of 2 years ago, as the bot is now opening when a user clicks a button in our help menu. Embedding in this case does not mean you ship the whole bot, you just add a bit of code to your product to open the bot on the click of a button.

PlannedImplemented