SSO Set Up from PX login page

Related products: PX Admin & Security

Posting on behalf of Customer,

In PX, with the current SSO/SAML set up we can login using the IDP, but our PX login page does not redirect users to IDP when SAML authentication is used.

This is Currently a limitation and it would be really helpful for most of the customers if we implement a SSO process/set up where the PX login page will be automatically redirecting to the IDP which they have used in SAML Authentication set up.

cc: @peppe 

Thanks for posting, @shireesha_reddy. This is a pretty foundational piece of SAML SSO, I am surprised it’s missing. Looking forward to seeing this implemented. Hopefully other community members will upvote this idea.

@shireesha_reddy Thanks for sharing it here.

@peppe I am redirecting this to the product team for more visibility. 

@peppe We acknowledge this request and will be working on it in the near term.

Also, once this is implemented it might be unnecessary to have new users click the link in the email to complete their profile.

A successful, trusted SSO authentication should automatically change the status from Pending to Activated.

We will consider and added to our backlog

@skalle your previous reply from 3 months ago gave me the impression that you were going to work on it (and deliver it) in the near term. However, it sounds like we shouldn’t expect this product gap to be filled any time soon?

Thank you so much for delivering this! Works great!

@skalle your previous reply from 3 months ago gave me the impression that you were going to work on it (and deliver it) in the near term. However, it sounds like we shouldn’t expect this product gap to be filled any time soon?

@peppe thanks for your wonderful comments. Apologies, this is not in our immediate road-map, this is in our long term road-map.