Request: Ability to position the Knowledge Center Bot on a standalone basis

Related products: PX KC Bot

As it currently stands, the position of Knowledge Center Bot is relative to the button it is embedded to. There is the offset functionality, but my understanding is that it is limited as it is done via pixels. As different screens have different resolutions, the positioning would be different on every screen when using that capability. My team would find it useful to have the ability to  put it in 1 fixed position, relative to the screen (e.g., bottom right) instead of relative to the button.

Thanks for posting to Community @susannekhatib !

I am not sure if you saw this in our July PX release, but our new “Embedded Knowledge Center Bot” option may be able to get you closer to what you need.  Check out our documentation here for more details.

Hi @link_black,

We are using the embeddable bot already (we love this new capability btw). After the button is clicked, we want the ability to position the bot independently of the location of that button. For example, if the button is on the left side of the screen, we want the ability to launch the Knowledge Center bot in the middle or right side of the screen. 

We are aware that there is an offset functionality, but my understanding is that it is limited as it is done via pixels. As different screens have different resolutions, the positioning would be different on every screen when using that capability. 

Excellent @susannekhatib ! 

In conjunction with that embedded KC Both feature release, our amazing PX development team also made Knowledge Center Bot JavaScript APIs available to “Start”, “Get”, “Show”, and “Hide” the Knowledge Center Bot programatically. 

While I have not experimented with these as much as I would like to, I believe that in the hands of one of your good web developers that these can be leveraged within their custom code to deliver complete control over the placement and behavior of the Knowledge Center Bot(s) within your application(s).  So, that could be worth exploring as well until our PX Product team includes more configuration options with PX directly.

Thanks for the info, @link_black! We will definitely look into that option then.