Repeat displaying an engagement if button hasn't been clicked

Related products: PX Engagements

I created an engagement to highlight a virtual event in our product. I'd like to be able to show the engagement every week IF the user hasn't clicked on the 'Register Now' button. Is there a way to do this?

In the Audience tab, you can select the engagement but then only have the option to target an event that it's been "Viewed" or "Completed". This would then leave out people who haven't seen it yet.

Also, would "Completed" be tracking the custom button I added in the engagement or something else?

Hey Amanda,

We have "Qualification Scope" under the scheduler tab which triggers engagement multiple times on its own.

Show xx times in xx days- it will attempt to show the engagement xx times within xx days if not completed and snooze it for those xx days and re-try.

As for triggering engagements directly based on CTA clicks - currently, there is no direct way. Let me check and get back if a CTA click will constitue as 'completetion'.

Let me know if this helps.

Hey @ajrufer,

Currently, there is no way to how the engagement every week IF the user hasn't clicked on the 'Register Now' button. As I mentioned you could use Show attemps xx times in xx days - it will attempt to show the engagement xx times within xx days if not completed and snooze it for those xx days and re-try.

In case of a Dialogue, displaying the dialgoue on a screen renders itself to be 'completed', hence the show show attempts will not be applicable to re-trigger dialogue engagements.

As for "In the Audience tab, you can select the engagement but then only have the option to target an event that it's been "Viewed" or "Completed". This would then leave out people who haven't seen it yet"

-- If you use "Viewed <1" time it will pick up folks who have not viewed the engagement.

As for: "Also, would "Completed" be tracking the custom button I added in the engagement or something else?"

-- The dialog is completed once it is rendered on the screen, it does not track a button click for it to constiute 'completed'.

-- For a Guide/Slider, if user has completed all steps then it renders completed

- For Surveys, if a user has responded then it renders completed

Yes, makes sense.

cc: @ciarapeter / @mickey on the request from the last comment

Moving to Ideas for better tracking of this feature request.

I would like to make sure I understand the option to schedule a survey using the ‘show attempt’

If we run a survey, and the user have not completed the survey the survey will keep showing x time every x weeks until the user completes the survey. While, the survey will not show up again if the user complete it at the first attempt.

Please confirm as we don’t want users to fill out the survey more than once and don’t want to annoy them.

@hila What you said is close, but not completely correct. 

Let’s use the following Qualification Scope as an example...

Assuming there is no other Audience Logic to prevent the Survey from showing…

• the user will be offered a chance to complete the Survey up to 3 times each month.
  • if the user completes the Survey on the first or second offer, they will not be offered it again until the time period expires (1 month).
  • After the time period expires (1 month), the process will repeat again whether the user completed the survey or not until the Engagement end date is reached in the Scheduler.

To use a Qualification Scope like the above and to also not show the Survey again to a user if they have completed it, then one must add Audience Logic such as the following to prevent it from being shown during the subsequent time period intervals…

@hila What you said is close, but not completely correct. 

Let’s use the following Qualification Scope as an example...

Assuming there is no other Audience Logic to prevent the Survey from showing…

• the user will be offered a chance to complete the Survey up to 3 times each month.
  • if the user completes the Survey on the first or second offer, they will not be offered it again until the time period expires (1 month).
  • After the time period expires (1 month), the process will repeat again whether the user completed the survey or not until the Engagement end date is reached in the Scheduler.

To use a Qualification Scope like the above and to also not show the Survey again to a user if they have completed it, then one must add Audience Logic such as the following to prevent it from being shown during the subsequent time period intervals…

This is super helpful. Thanks!