Multiple Gainsight PX tenants

Related products: PX Admin & Security

It would be great if multiple (at least 2) Gainsight PX tenants can track usage data and interact with a single product. This allows the different tenants to independently track PX, show engagements to the user and provide different KC bots. Why is this important?

1. Customizing a product is not unusual for enterprise software. While engagements or the KC bot will work well for standard components they might be useless for customized user workflows.
  2. Even though the customer refrains from customizing the software the user workflows might still differ. Individual company policies will render engagements, e.g. guided tours, useless.
  3. Customers are very interested in their own product adoption, including individual requirements about what should be tracked.
  4. Customers want to bring their own company knowledge into individual KC bots.

A single tenant hosted for a customer would satisfy the customer’s needs depicted in 1.-4. However, I will lose the ability to track the customer’s PX.

Solution: Two independent Gainsight PX tenants :wink:

@parx thank you for posting the detailed use-case here. 

I like the concept of “Two independent Gainsight PX tenants”, I will check the possibilities here. 

@parx  Thanks for the post. However , can you help me understand the use case some more.

In a single subscription you can have multiple products. So in affect - you can have a product tree mapped to the 2 versions of product as 2 products . Today with the cloning capabilities, it is very easy to build product tree faster. Will different flavours or versions of products tracked as 2 separate lines not help you solve your use case. Better yet, using a global context you can have such that once you define a product and its tree , using global context add a attribute called version to track usage from one version to another. You can always filter based on Version 1.0 to version 2.0 if interested.

@skalle Thanks for your interest.

I’m aware of the described solution. Assuming I have 100 customers, each having their own customized product, would require me to maintain 100 products and according trees. Moreover, even without customization, it would require me to maintain the individual engagements & KC bots of the different customers. So this is not an option. I would like to give the customer control.

Hi,

@parx 

Over the last couple of weeks when talking about how we use Gainsight PX to our customers, they have requested that they can utilize our events, to build their own Guided Tours/Walkthroughs.

We will of course build our own Guided Tours/Walkthroughs to teach users how the product works, but they would like to guide their users on the content/processes they have added.

One of the customer I spoke to, have over 130.000 employees, and use our products a lot. I see a big potential for additional license sales on Gainsight PX.

Scenario:

Lets assume we could create a new Gainsight PX Tenant for our customer, maybe with a separate tag-tree, and access to a limited set of our events tailored for customer specific walkthroughs, or maybe even usage statistics. The customer could then subscribe to additional licenses for their own userbase, to create walkthroughs and users of walkthroughs. Either our customers subscribe directly with You or via us as “resellers”.

I x-reference another idea I saw, that has the same concept in mind, but has not bee reviewed yet. Combined they have more votes than this one separately.

Best Regards

/Karl

PS. Or, Could we already today, let the customer signup for a GS PX account and send our events to 2 accounts?  One event targeted fro tracking in our Account and anothr event targeted for tracking in the  customer one?

This is an interesting idea. If implemented, would there always be a primary account that would be responsible for the KC bot with both accounts showing automatic engagements? Or would it be up to the external customer to decide if they want to leave the product company’s default KC bot?

This is an interesting idea. If implemented, would there always be a primary account that would be responsible for the KC bot with both accounts showing automatic engagements? Or would it be up to the external customer to decide if they want to leave the product company’s default KC bot?

In My view the decision should be on the Product Company to decide whether the customer can override the default walkthrough/Guided tour, down to each individual walkthrough/guided tour. We can not let our customers override our own guides, withot control and it must be on a detailed level not on a per product level, more on a function/feature level.

/Karl

PS. Or, Could we already today, let the customer signup for a GS PX account and send our events to 2 accounts?  One event targeted fro tracking in our Account and anothr event targeted for tracking in the  customer one?

As far as I know, this is not possible.

I tend to say that the product company should decide what can be overwritten by the customer in his own tenant and what not. I think this is also where it starts getting tricky. What about conflicting engagements? Maybe it’s rather all or nothing. The customer can either have the product’s PX capabilities or they have to maintain them on their own.

As far as I know, this is not possible.

I tend to say that the product company should decide what can be overwritten by the customer in his own tenant and what not. I think this is also where it starts getting tricky. What about conflicting engagements? Maybe it’s rather all or nothing. The customer can either have the product’s PX capabilities or they have to maintain them on their own.

Could you share what your plans are in terms of extending the capabilities to allow customers to develop their own Walkthroughs, in addition to the product company providing OOTB Walkthrough?

Are there any plans at all, or not? I have 3 customers over the last week asking for it and want to be able to give them an answer if we can expect to do something like this together with you at Gainsight, or if we  have to reach out elsewhere?

Best Regards

/Karl