Improvement to PX KC bot user friendliness

Related products: PX KC Bot

There have been some improvements made to the KC bot based on the previous request:

“I would want my users to have the ability to drag the bot around the UI as they are working. They may need to refer to documentation as they are working on our product and would like to refer to it as they are working. “

The released and the current behavior isn’t that UX-friendly and helpful based on the user needs. 

Issues:

1. KC bot can’t be resized and it blocks much of the UI

2. The dragging behavior doesn't let the actual bot widget to be moved around. It is either presented in the left or right part of UI, as configured. That’s it!

Re-iterating the request that meets the user experience needs and the user goals.

We want the users to have the ability to

1. resize the bot window so that it doesn’t block much of their “work area” in the UI

2. move it around the UI along with the bubble enabling dragging to any part of the page

Thank you for the Product Ideas!

The team will have to investigate if resizing the window/dialog impacts the viewing experience of the content (this may be a limiting factor for this request)

Moving the opened window/dialog with the widget is a good option, we will consider it.

Thanks for the swift response. 

We are just getting started with our PX integration journey. As part of our trial run, this is one of the critical pieces of feedback we received from many of our customers to gain value from the PX integration.

If you could highlight this internally to your PM team, that would be great.

@catchprakash welcome to PX integration journey. This is with the product team and as @angelo said, team will have to investigate and see the possibilities. I will update you here once I hear from the product team. 

It looks as though there’s the ability to expand the KC Bot widget window size, but not the embedded KC Bot. I would love for this to be available with the embedded KC Bot.

I would like to add something which we’ve been getting from a lot of users - the ability to somehow remove the KC bot in a specific session. For some users - it takes up valuable real estate and they would like to have the ability to remove it. Any chance of enabling this functionality?

@YarivZur I don’t know if this solves your problem but you can disable KC bot from loading on specific URL’s. You can set it up on Editor → Bot (card) → Activation → Exclude Urls.

@bostojic - we actually did, but it doesn’t solve the problem, since it doesn’t enable the end user to determine…. novice users need the bot, advanced users hate it :)

Team, 
It looks like the requests have been implemented - 
1. resize the bot window so that it isn't blocking much of the work area in the UI
2. move it around the UI along with the bubble enabling dragging to any part of the page

However, on trying out #2, we noticed some critical experience issues w.r.t the bot window display orientation (the fix isn’t considering the display scenarios).  
When we drag the bot around, the bot position and the available size on the screen aren't considered for the display.
e.g., if I drag it to the left side of the screen, the window is displayed further left and is invisible and chopped with no access. It should display on the right side of the bot icon.
If I drag it to the center or top of the screen, the window is displayed partially with no access to it.

Can the fix consider the position of the bot and orient the display accordingly? 

@angelo We’d like the a variation of enhancement suggestion provided by @YarivZur.

We’ve been getting this request from a lot of users - the ability to somehow hide/unhide the KC bot. We’d like to have an option to hide (drawer) the bot icon in a specific session as it takes up valuable real estate, and invoke it as needed.

More user feedback - 

“it's a very poor experience to force a widget on users without giving them the ability to opt-out or make the widget draggable/movable. We should include options in the UI to allow users to opt in/out (disable/enable widgets) and the widget should be draggable and it's last placed location remembered in a cookie so we don't have to keep dragging it every day. Please make it opt in/out and movable.”

I would like to add something which we’ve been getting from a lot of users - the ability to somehow remove the KC bot in a specific session. For some users - it takes up valuable real estate and they would like to have the ability to remove it. Any chance of enabling this functionality?

Hi @YarivZur, this has been noted and is under development pipeline.

Team, 
It looks like the requests have been implemented - 
1. resize the bot window so that it isn't blocking much of the work area in the UI
2. move it around the UI along with the bubble enabling dragging to any part of the page

However, on trying out #2, we noticed some critical experience issues w.r.t the bot window display orientation (the fix isn’t considering the display scenarios).  
When we drag the bot around, the bot position and the available size on the screen aren't considered for the display.
e.g., if I drag it to the left side of the screen, the window is displayed further left and is invisible and chopped with no access. It should display on the right side of the bot icon.
If I drag it to the center or top of the screen, the window is displayed partially with no access to it.

Can the fix consider the position of the bot and orient the display accordingly? 

@catchprakash this has been noted and is under development pipeline.

@aharkut thanks for the update. Are you able to share any timelines for the availability of the 2 features (draggable/moveable, disable/enable) ? 

Request #2 (bot drag & drop) enhancement was delivered in the June 2022 release. 

However, upon testing, we noticed an unexpected behavior. We have 2 bots enabled on different pages. Upon moving the first bot, the changes are reflected for the second bot on other pages! Is there a plan to address it in the future? 

AcknowledgedImplemented