Improve the UI to not make items look like they are not selectable

Related products: None

If you to into User Management and select a single user, the UI makes it look like I can’t change a name or email, and I can’t. However, it also looks like I can’t change the permission level (Full Administrative and Selected Permissions), and I can. This bad selection of states is present across the entire app. You really need to do a review and fix the UI so that it is clear what I can change and what I cannot.

Similar comment about inconsistent UI for the screen previous to the one Andrew mentions:

• It trips me up that the Edit and Deactivate icons are greyed out.  This means to me that I can’t take any action on this item.
  • However the “Admin” icon is identically greyed out and there is no action possible here.
  • And to make matters worse, the Delete trashcan is a different shade of grey and IS active.

Hi @andrew.fowler and  @susan_parker, thank you for your post. Will be sending this across to our Product Manager to look into this and get back to you. 

Further examples of inconsistent UI in this area that are confusing:

1. When I look at my own permissions, I cannot change anything (which is good), and the checkmarks for the permissions I have are grayed out.  However -- why do diff checkmarks display for things I do NOT have?   should be blank and inactive.

2. When I look at other people’s permissions, the checkmarks are active for everything and appears that I am able to edit the settings, which is not accurate.  I am unable to save (good) but really all the fields should just be inactive so it’s view only -- just like #1 above.

Hey , Thanks for the detailed post and input. I am adding this to the list of things to work on as part of User Management enhancements we are working on.