Acknowledged

Improve the UI to not make items look like they are not selectable

• 10 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

If you to into User Management and select a single user, the UI makes it look like I can’t change a name or email, and I can’t. However, it also looks like I can’t change the permission level (Full Administrative and Selected Permissions), and I can. This bad selection of states is present across the entire app. You really need to do a review and fix the UI so that it is clear what I can change and what I cannot.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Similar comment about inconsistent UI for the screen previous to the one Andrew mentions:

• It trips me up that the Edit and Deactivate icons are greyed out.  This means to me that I can’t take any action on this item.
  • However the “Admin” icon is identically greyed out and there is no action possible here.
  • And to make matters worse, the Delete trashcan is a different shade of grey and IS active.

Userlevel 3

Hi @andrew.fowler and  @susan_parker, thank you for your post. Will be sending this across to our Product Manager to look into this and get back to you. 

Userlevel 1

Further examples of inconsistent UI in this area that are confusing:

1. When I look at my own permissions, I cannot change anything (which is good), and the checkmarks for the permissions I have are grayed out.  However -- why do diff checkmarks display for things I do NOT have?   should be blank and inactive.

2. When I look at other people’s permissions, the checkmarks are active for everything and appears that I am able to edit the settings, which is not accurate.  I am unable to save (good) but really all the fields should just be inactive so it’s view only -- just like #1 above.

Userlevel 5

Hey , Thanks for the detailed post and input. I am adding this to the list of things to work on as part of User Management enhancements we are working on.