Folders for uploaded images

Related products: PX Engagements

Hi All,

We upload so many different images to our Engagements on PX, it can be quite overwhelming to find the right image if we wanted to reuse something (and uploading it again just shows us duplicates which again adds to the scrolling torture!).

Would it be possible to bring in folders which we can add images to? that way we can categorise our images into things such as ‘Email Hero Images’ ,  ‘Product A GIFs’ or ‘Company Logos’

It would be a massive time saver for us!

@Jack-Occleshaw thank you for sharing your request here. I will the check the possibilites.

@Jack-Occleshaw @sai_ram I had the same ask on 

We are trying to allow our marketing teams & CX more templating flexibility when creating standards and best practice templates for each engagement type, but it’s really cumbersome when there’s hundreds of images in there, with no sorting really, that someone’s used in testing or something. 

H @cjacksonfe  This is part of enhacements we are planning as part of our next endeavour - Templates Home we are targetting for the end of this year. 

I was creating a new idea post, but found this one from 2 years ago.

I’ve “just dealt with it” since I started working in Gainsight PX.

Current situation:

1. I add an image to an engagement (upload)
  2. Product team asks that I change the image (replace image option to upload a new image)
  3. Product team decides to go back to original image.*

*This is where the problem lies. If I try to use the folder option (from the replace menu) to view previously uploaded images, they appear to be in no particular order, and the original image I loaded 20 minutes ago could be anywhere in the list presented; there doesn’t appear to be any rhyme or reason to the sequence.

Because of that, it’s usually easier to just upload the first image again, rather than visually scan through all of the images we’ve ever uploaded. However, I now have multiple images uploaded that are actually identical. I would think that’s not good for the use of storage space.

The ask:

Ideally, there could be options for sorting the images. We don’t have to give them a name when uploading, so sorting by name doesn’t make sense. Perhaps the ability to sort by date added ascending or descending. This was my initial thought; if the previously uploaded images would just appear in a date/time uploaded sequence. It’s usually a recent image that I want to go back to. If there are other sorting options that make sense, please consider that as well. 

cc: @jmobley @katkenny23 @skalle @JPKelliher @Gainsight2022 @wheelern @woodlande @Lake1211 @adamkiralla13 @dgibbons