No Status

Feature request: [Engagement audience] Disabled rule without deleting it

• 13 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

I’d like to have the ability to disable an audience rule without deleting it.

Use case:
1. I have an engagement with many audience rules (e.g. user segment, previous engagements).
2. I want to test it on our staging environment.
3. I don’t want to delete the carefully crafted rules, but I do want to trigger it on staging for testing purposes.
As it is now, I’d have to delete/change the rules so the engagement will be triggered and then I’d have to restore those rules after testing before launching.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thanks for posting Yishai! 

Having more flexibility like this within Audience Logic would be nice.  Usually this use case can be quickly handled with either…

1) a URL Rule using an OR condition

1. or by using our new  PX Product Environments to select the active Environment

Check out our online documentation about Testing Engagements.

Userlevel 2

@link_black  I may have not made the use case clear enough.

My use case is during the development of the engagement, before launching it on production.
I want to temporarily disable some audience restrictions so that I can experience the engagement myself (for testing).

Userlevel 6

+1 to this! As I am making engagements with more complex audience rules, I want to be able to launch a test to myself without erasing the rules or creating a copy to test with. It’d be awesome to be able to: 

• Do the engagement build, including the rules
  • For a final test, disable (but not delete) some of the audience rules and target myself with a temporary rule
  • Do my testing, make sure it’s all good
  • Re-enable the rules and delete the rule targeting just me