Differentiate ACTIVE and INACTIVE users

Related products: PX Engagements

Hi Guys,

I would love to be able to deactivate a user from future engagements if I know they have left their role which they have a subscription for.

At the moment we target engagements based around company names (so Annie’s Apple Shack) but if I know that 3 members of that business have left, they still remain present on Gainsight as we have no way of alerting Gainsight to their departure and they still come receive unnecessary emails/spam.

Would a monthly data-upload of all active users help that? if we populate a field to state ACTIVE or INACTIVE we can have that as a filter…..?

@Jack-Occleshaw Thanks for sharing your request here. I will enquire with our product team and get back to you.

Hi Jack,

Yes, setting up the field to active or inactive will certainly help here. All you have to do is create a custom attribute of boolean/string type and update the value  monthly basis or weekly basis using the 

PX-data-loader. You can use the Rest API as well. And use this attribute as the audience rule in the engagement and you can use it as filter as well.

Also If you don’t want to have the users who are left, you can simply delete the users using the rest API, so that they won’t receive any unnecessary emails.

Hope this information helps :)

Hi @Jack-Occleshaw , thanks for posting on PX Community!

Your proposed solution to leverage PX Data Loader on a monthly basis combined with refined Engagement Audience Logic to include/exclude users should work quite well. 

Other ways to update your PX Users attributes include leveraging our REST API and Salesforce integration (if applicable).

@Jack-Occleshaw did you get a chance to view the comments here. Please let us know if you need any help.

@Jack-Occleshaw did you get a chance to view the comments here. Please let us know if you need any help.

@Jack-Occleshaw did you get a chance to view the comment posted here. Please let us know if you need any help.