Allow the localization/translation of PX Engagements to Arabic, Hebrew, and other right to left languages

Related products: PX Engagements

It would be great if PX allowed PX Engagements to be localized/translated into Arabic, Hebrew, and other right to left languages.  Please upvote if this is something that you need as well.  Thanks!

This is an extension of this previously submitted PX Product Idea

The right to left languages are a must have. I’ve not seen such limitations on competitive products such as WalkMe and Pendo. This can definitely be a limitation for your product as time goes on.

Engagements can currently be built using RTL, it is just the localization can not switch the CSS needed to render the copy between LTR and RTL. A work around is to build a separate engagement that targets your RTL users and use the original engagement for all others.

Adding RTL capabilities to the native PX Localization capability is something we will be considering to include in the roadmap.

Thanks @angelo for the workarounds! 

It is important to note that Pendo has the same constraint right now with RTL Language translation.

Ok. So if I understand it, the only thing I’d need to do is create a separate engagement dedicated to RTL and upload the RTL language as usual and I wouldn’t need to do anything else? @angelo @link_black 

Below is how you can do this…

Build the second engagement with the copy for that language in the RTL engagement, no need to use localization/xliff , but make sure the engagement targets the correct RTL audience and exclude that audience from the other non-RTL engagement.

For example…

For the RTL engagement, you will include the audience criteria to target the user’s attribute value (if you are using that as the basis for the language selection) and you can also target the user’s Browser Language(s), Browser Language is one of the rule blocks that is available.  As a safeguard, you can also add a prioritization group that defines the RTL engagement as higher priority over the non-RTL to be sure that the RTL is always chosen over the non-RTL.