Additional Throttling Options

Related products: PX Engagements

Hi folks,

The throttling concept is great in the Settings → Engagments part of PX, but it could be a lot more functional.

What I would *like* to do is set up the following rules for the 3 types of engagements we currently have:

1. Welcome Guides - no restrictions, fire when applicable
  2. Notifications - no restrictions, fire when applicable.
  3. Surveys - Restrict to 120 days between surveys.  Restrict to 3 days between other engagements.  We will have 10+ surveys constantly trickling data in.

This gives me the ability to limit surveys once a quarter per user and never more than 4 in a year, to give them a little breathing room (but not too much) between surveys and other engagements, and not restrict anything mission critical.

We can’t do that today, so I’m stuck with:

1. Welcome Guides - no restrictions, fire when applicable.
  2. Notifications - no restrictions, fire when applicable.
  3. Surveys - Restrict to 14 days between any engagement so we don’t overwhelm a user with surveys.

Whenever a global notification goes out, we flat out stop conducting surveys for 2 weeks.  That’s valuable data not being collected.  It also means we could (in theory) overwhelm users every couple of weeks with a survey (even though we’re using % audience rules to attempt to limit this).  

Anyway, would love to be able to apply these throttling rules to groups of engagements instead of globally.  Groups could be defined as the type of engagement, or as an actual organized group of engagements (if a folder hierarchy is every applied to engagements page, this could be used here).

Appreciate the read...

Thank you for providing the detail and business use case.. definitely makes sense!

As you pointed out, in order to move towards this feature/capability, there first needs to be a way to group the set of engagements. We plan to have engagement grouping (i.e. labels/folders) available within the next couple months. This will open up opportunity to build the “group based” throttling, among other great features.