Ability to upload a CSV for engagement targeting

Related products: PX Engagements

Posting on behalf of a customer:

Currently, I can copy and paste a list of comma separated values (such as emails) into the PX engagement targeting. In order to get this list, I have to have a certain version of Excel or manipulate the list in Sheets. Instead, I would like the ability to simply download the CSV file from another system, then upload to PX and select that I want the engagement to be targeted to the email addresses in the list, for example. 

Business case: Sometimes, I want to get an engagement out quickly but the targeting I need is in another system. Rather than waiting to get a custom attribute, etc set up, I need to quickly get this information and target it within PX. 

Hi @Julie-Pinto ,

I have a question here, display of the engagements either In-App or Email type of engagements would not be possible if the user is not there in PX systems.

In case of providing an option of uploading a CSV from an external system may lead to the existence of emails in the CSV that are not part of the PX system.

As per the product design, we can serve our engagements to the users who are in the PX system only and their adoption/engagement analytics will be tracked against their email.

I would love to hear more thoughts on this from our product team.

cc @angelo 

Thanks

Dileep Nalla

Yes, correct… if the goal is to target specific users in an engagement (regardless of if in-app, survey, email) then the user must first already exist in PX (because they had logged into the web app or were added some other way, public API, data loader)

Customers also use the data loader utility to add/update users and have included attributes for a specific email send (October-Bring-Back-Campaign = true) when targeting a specific set of users.

Other customers have used an integration (i.e. SFDC) to update existing users attributes that can then be used as audience criteria as well.

NOTE:  Best practice is to be sure that all users have a uniqueId (and not use email as that id).

More on the PX Data Loader:

https://support.gainsight.com/PX/API_for_Developers/01About/Gainsight_PX_Data_Loader