Ability to set KCB engagement audience at the engagement level

Related products: PX KC Bot

-- Submitting this on behalf of the customer --

Goal: Would like to get our users the engagements they need OnDemand without requiring so many bots. Below I’m framing the approach with the current functionality, but would like to have an easier and more manageable solution.

In general, Admin users of our platform might get access to engagements 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. However, these same users may need access to additional engagements based on the products they’re subscribed to. For example:

Admins subscribed to Product A might get access to engagements  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 plus 6 & 7.
Admins subscribed to Product B might get access to engagements  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 plus 8 & 9.
Admins subscribed to Product C might get access to engagements  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 plus 10 & 11.
Admins subscribed to Product A & B might get access to engagements  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 plus 6 & 7, plus 8 & 9.
Admins subscribed to Product A & C might get access to engagements  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 plus 6 & 7, plus 10 & 11.
Admins subscribed to Product B & C might get access to engagements  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 plus 8 & 9, plus 10 & 11.
Admins subscribed to Product A, B, & C might get access to engagements  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 plus 6 & 7, plus 8 & 9, plus 10 & 11.
To the nth degree… (as more products are considered, we would need to add even more bots; additionally, some users with permissions might need related engagements as well and this would add even more complexity to the above).  

Since I can only set the audience at the bot level (and not at the engagement level within the bot), I'm forced to create multiple bots to help manage the process.

In the future, I'd like to add engagements specific to other products we offer and even other types of users it would exponentially increase the number of bots needed as the current functionality exists. Using a new example highlighting the user permissions aspect, a user may be a Product Owner and would need a bot with those related engagements. However, if the user is also a Manager, then the user would need a bot that offers the Product Owner engagements plus the Manager engagements (there would also need to be a bot for just the Manager engagements as well – then layer that on the Product model discussed earlier).

A few key points:

Each product can offer its own engagements
Each user permission can offer its own engagements
Each user can have one or more special permissions and access to one or more products; therefore, each user needs access to all of the related engagements available (based on their permissions and product subscriptions)
Based on current functionality, a bot would need to be created for each of the items as well as each combination of these items (exponentially gets bigger and it's not scalable to manage content).
Mapping this out is time consuming AND is a pain point. Additionally, each time I go to add or remove an article or engagement to the knowledge center bot, I need to add or remove it from EACH version of the bots.

@rketharaju thank you for you time and also thank you for sharing  valuable inputs here. 

Yes! I couldn’t agree more. The idea that I have to manage 5+ KC Bots to properly segment my engagements to the right users, when the audience logic is already built into the engagement itself, is a non starter for me and my company. We already applied the logic properly in the engagements - that logic should carry over to who sees it in the KC Bot without me having to create separate Bots.

Thanks for the feedback and will evaluate as to how to address this pain point.

My team is also finding the exponential growth of configuring these unsustainable. Customers have different purchased modules and should be shown different combinations of content in their KCB. 

Some of those capabilities are available in the Recommended Content feature. However, I have a couple of issues with the Recommended Content feature:

• Qualifications for recommended content are not as rich as for automatic engagements. 
  • UI does not fully seem ready for customers. See my idea: