Ability to have different levels of throttling per different engagement types

Related products: PX Engagements

I would love the ability to have different levels of throttling based on the engagement type. For example (not necessarily the exact settings I would use, but for the sake of the example):

• Surveys - show users no more than 1 survey per month
  • Webinar/event invites - show users no more than 1 engagement per week (could use engagement labels or something to indicate that a particular dialog engagement is a webinar/event invite)
  • Guides - show 1 per day since these are more contextual 

I think the new engagement priority feature could be applied to account for some of this; still, it’d be really fantastic if I could just report internally that “we don’t send more than 1 event invite per week” for example to alleviate concerns around engagement fatigue.

Similar/follow up to this post

I really like this idea - I don’t know if I’ve seen similar posts like this or it’s been in my head so I just think I have.

The challenge I foresee is the inevitable “but here’s a really tedious workaround you can do with Bionic rules”. You could essentially have a checkbox that gets checked when say a survey is sent to someone, and it doesn’t uncheck for 30 days. And then in your power lists you don’t send surveys to anyone with that box checked.

But in general principle what you’re suggesting, and seems available in PX would be a huge boon to admins in general. ESPECIALLY if the feature will work with/respect the throttlers in PX and vice versa. 

Great idea @Julie-Pinto, I like this too!  In some cases, one might want to apply throttling across all types of Engagements (the current way), but in other cases having that flexibility per Type of Engagement would be awesome and provide great control/flexibility. 

Good idea. With more throttling options, though, it seems it may become difficult to rely on one or more engagements to be viewed by the user. Therefore, it would also require more administration monitoring and attention to ensure the correct cadence, engagement prioritization and throttling options are set..

Would love to hear thoughts from the community as well

Good idea. With more throttling options, though, it seems it may become difficult to rely on one or more engagements to be viewed by the user. Therefore, it would also require more administration monitoring and attention to ensure the correct cadence, engagement prioritization and throttling options are set..

Would love to hear thoughts from the community as well

I would see this in conjunction with opt-out configurations, on a contact (or contact role) level.

In other words, you could have individual level cadences set, e.g. no more than 1 survey per week, 2x marketing emails per month, but a master level “no more than 1 1:many communication per 2 days”.

Conceptually, it would need to be built in a way to allow for the overall contact frequency to be set for certain roles so that it would “reach across” more than one JO program.

The other level of configurability would be setting up your communication types like @Julie-Pinto says in their post so that you don’t have to worry about multiple teams making tons of Journeys and spamming people - you know they’ll only get 1 webinar invite per quarter, etc, but they’ll always get that one NPS survey!

In JO, I pull a query from the NPS Survey Answer object and compare to remove anyone that received an NPS within 90 days. 

I use this style as well to make look at Email Logs and make sure they haven’t received too many emails in the number of days in the past.

You pull from the object, do a transform to count, merge using a outer merge on the data you want to keep and then do a final transform to filter out the count you want to use an exclusion.

A similar way to do this is to add new fields to the Person object, create a rule that does a count of the specific exclusions you want to consider, have an Admin rule to calculate and update the Person object, and then you can use that as a filter across any program

@mglarocca FYI another post on throttling messaging

I love this idea, but I would take it further and allow it to be done based on labels or priority level.

We have some engagements that are what I would consider “marketing” that we want to make sure they don’t hit the user more than once a month.

In a similar use case, we are trying to use a multi-question survey as a “paywall” tied to an upsell feature. However, surveys do not allow for “every time” like other engagements.

• Check this box if you would like someone from sales to reach out to you about this feature.
  • Check this box if you would like us to reach out to your account admin about this feature.

Please up-vote this option as well.

Survey Frequency - Every Time | Gainsight Community