Solved

Will running backfill override history or add to history?

• 8 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi there! Imagine that I have a product mapping on a specific ID attribute, and I edit the mapping by replacing the ID. For example, I collected 1 month of data on the selector #button1, and now I change the mapping to #button2.

Then I run backfill.

Will the data for the past month be erased and replaced with click volume on #button1, or will the #button2 be added to the #button1 data for the past month?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by dileepnalla 11 January 2021, 12:11

View original

3 replies

As of 3 months ago, this was the explanation from Support:

If you create a feature and backfilled it once the operation is done, let's say you got 100 events. But if you edit the same feature again and backfill it even though you are changing the selector or scope of the feature, the previously backfilled data will still be there and if any new events identifies during the backfill they will be added to it. That means new identified events will be added to the previous 100, but those 100 will not be deleted.”

Thanks! Is that valid also if, instead of editing the rule, I delete the rule and create a new one on a different selector?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @peppe ,

Every feature will have a unique id, which you can see by right-clicking on the feature name (copy-id to clipboard). so all the events will be rolled up against that unique ID., you may have multiple rules inside the feature event and even if you delete the rule and do a backfill it is still under the same parent id.

If you are looking for a feature to be backfilled and do not want to have event data that was tracked as a part of earlier rules, we recommend you to create a new feature with new rules with new selectors and do a backfill.

Do remember that backfill takes 48-72 hours to reflect the data, and gives you past year data.

Hope this answers your question. please do reach out to our support team on pxsupport@gainsight.com for any further questions, we have an outstanding team to acknowledge your requests.

Thanks

Dileep Nalla