Solved

URL Redirect in KCB

• 28 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

My company uses two different URLs to access the same product geographically. Within the KCB configuration, if I’m including a guide engagement it wants me to enter in a URL redirect, but I don’t know the syntax to add multiple URLs to the URL Redirect field for that - am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by prashant_mathapathi 21 December 2019, 10:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey Cody, did you still need an answer to this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@cjacksonfe or @christopher_sanderson If you can share the answer here, that would be great for others and to potentially add to our docs!

Hi @cjacksonfe , 

A brief intro to the URL Redirect Column

The URL Redirect field in KCB allows you to enter an URL for a Guide engagement (It is mandatory to enter Redirect URLs for a Guide engagement). When the user clicks this Guide engagement from the KCB, they are informed that launching this guide would redirect them to a different page of the application (unless they are on the same page, used in the Redirect URL). If the user agrees to be redirected, they are redirected and the guide is launched on the redirected URL. 

Handling Multiple URLs in the URL Redirect Column

In your case,  I am assuming that the two URLs (based on geographical locations) are part of the URL domain and look like us.yourproduct.com/page1 and emea.yourproduct.com/page1. You can use our Auto Resolve feature and set the Redirect URL as $px-auto-resolve.yourproduct.com/p1.

When your US customers view the guide from KCB, the domain is automatically resolved to be US and the users are prompted and redirected to us.yourproduct.com/p1. Similar logic is applicable to EMEA customers as well. 

However, if your URL structure is not as mentioned in the example above, you can refer to our Guide Support for Dynamic URL article to learn more about using the Auto Resolve feature in different parts of the URL.

Hope this was helpful.

Regards

Prashant