Solved

PX & SFDC Integration - User Flow Strategy

• 24 October 2019
  • 2 replies

Challenge/Background:

We have Opportunity records in Salesforce with lead contacts types that then turn into normal contact types once the Opportunity is Closed-Won. Those contacts then get created in our SaaS product which get pushed to PX. In addition to the core contacts from our Salesforce Opp records, we have new contacts created in our SaaS Product, but are not accounted for in SalesForce yet -- which is problematic.

Open Questions:

• Can we create a new user in our SaaS product, push it to PX, then push the record from PX to SFDC if there’s no record yet in SFDC?
  • I can see with the SFDC<>PX Integration, there’s push/pull options for various fields, but is this possible if the user record only lives in PX and not SFDC?
  • What is the best way to ensure all users in PX match in Salesforce?
icon

Best answer by christopher_sanderson 25 October 2019, 21:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@christopher_sanderson_22f600 : Can you help?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@mhsilver 

I have some thoughts on this.

• Can we create a new user in our SaaS product, push it to PX, then push the record from PX to SFDC if there’s no record yet in SFDC? 
    • No, this process is UPDATE only, as we are looking for a matching ID (SFDC contact ID, user id, email, etc); once we have the records in both places, then we can exchange attributes between the two
  • I can see with the SFDC<>PX Integration, there’s push/pull options for various fields, but is this possible if the user record only lives in PX and not SFDC?
    • See above, but really we need them to exist in both places
  • What is the best way to ensure all users in PX match in Salesforce?
    • We have a way to make this happen! Using the PX+CS integration, we will push Users and Event data to CS. Once in CS, we can use a Rule to create or update contacts in SFDC. We can even filter to make sure its the right people, or statically set fields (you mentioned LEAD contact vs. normal contact, as example)

Let me know if this helps!