Solved

PX - Engagement Editor XLIFF File

• 13 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi Team,
I am just learning PX and got a doubt on Engagement Localization :

1.  My doubt is do we need to translate the language and set it up in engagement page using XLIFF file and then use either of those translated languages code in custom attributes or user browser language  in localisation ?
  2. Do we need to manually translate language ?
  3. And even after translating language Dont think  any validations happen whether all the language is translated to targeted language ?​​​​​PFB picture where my initial language was in english and i selected targeted language as hindi and i translated it half in Hindi and Half in Telugu which still it accepted.
icon

Best answer by prashant_mathapathi 25 February 2020, 18:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @suryanarayana Have you read through this article on localization? I think it addresses some/all of your questions.

Badge +2

Hi @lila_meyer  yup i have gone through document and after trying to set it up then i got few doubts which i posted .

Hi suryanarayana ,

Here are the answers to your queries

1. Actually, it’s the other way round. You must first configure the create and custom attribute and only then you can use it in engagements.

If you wish to use custom attributes as the method to identify User’s local language, you must first create a new custom attribute in User object. This attribute must be such that all its values must be language codes supported in PX. Once the custom attribute is created, you must select this attribute as the local language identifier in the Localization admin page. This attribute is included in the identify call and when a user logs in to the application, the language code in the Identify call helps PX identify the local language of the user. You can find a detailed explanation of this in the Configure Localization section of the aforementioned doc.

2.  Yes. Translation must be performed manually and uploaded through the XLIFF file.
  3. We do not authenticate the accuracy of translation. we only support translation. user needs to ensure that the translated content is accurate. 

Hope your queries are resolved. Please feel free to revert, if you have any further queries. 

Regards

Prashant