Question

Okay, but how do I get others to use GPX?

• 26 July 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
When I first started implementing GPX last year, I remember the initial uphill battle when it came to getting others excited about the product.

(Note: once other teams saw how it was relevant to them, they were all over it).

Now, we are still in the phase of operationalizing our excitement. All this crossfunctional talk got me thinking of how I originally got others on board... and I found this older chart I made!

I made the colorful chart below to show others how each functional team really would have a use for / be impacted by GPX. This helped encourage buy-in across the company, rather than just one group (Customer Success at the time). I'll also stress that I had to really tailor the value of GPX based on the person/team I was talking to. Once they heard how it would help them, I had their attention!

Based on our current team structures, this above chart is still relevant to how we use and intend to use GPX. Our main leadership for GPX is currently in Customer Success, though long-term I anticipate that will belong mostly in the Product team.

Did anyone else do something like this? How do your teams differ in their use of GPX?

1 reply

Badge +2
Very cool! Gives me more ideas for expanded use cases.

Btw, you can try to loop in your Finance Team as well, I recently had a customer where Finance Team is using in-app engagements to send messages for users past their due dates ;)