We are looking to analyze the impact our engagements are having on our primary metric, user retention.
However, I’m not seeing any way to filter the retention analysis by users who have completed a certain engagement.
Is this something that exists and I’m missing it, or can engagements not be used as events for retention analysis?
Best answer by mickey
Our next release is aimed to address these challenges, what you will be able to do is:
- Apply filters on retention analysis (also having ‘any engagement’ as an option)
- Apply ‘any engagement’ filter in Adoption analysis
- Set a path analysis with the option ‘starting with’ → ‘engagement’ so you can monitor the usage flow
- Funnels will show you drop-offs and will be able to appear in the dashboard
- Reference saved funnels from the dashboard
Not sure you’re using it but you can control the ‘retention event’ and the ‘returning event’ when you go into the advanced filter in Retention analysis.
You can change the cohort from ‘sign-up’ to the first used feature and learn about feature attribution to retention. Don’t forget to filter by role / account segment if you have these tracked.