Keeping a Pulse on Newly Released Features

• 17 July 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
A few weeks ago, we did a soft launch of a new flagship feature. I made (you guessed it) a custom dashboard to keep some tabs on it and determine if users were organically discovering it.

Earlier this week, we presented the feature at a partner's conference for their users. It occurred to me that I could take the same custom dashboard and add a widget filtering down to that partner to see our conference presentation's impact on usage.

The blue arrows indicate when we presented the feature. As you can see, there's a clear jump in feature usage right away!

On another note, a use case for a feature-focused custom dashboard would be to do the following:

• Release new feature

• Create A/B testing groups (this would probably have to be done on an account level, as you can't filter by segment)

• Create custom dashboard with widgets measuring the usage of new features, with each widget filtering down to a testing group

• Let the feature run to measure organic usage and discovery

• Release an engagement highlighting the new feature to group A, while group B gets nothing

• Review the custom dashboard to see the impact of an engagement on feature usage compared to those who received no engagement

I'm hoping to turn this into an opportunity to create an engagement to do a stronger launch of the feature.

That's all for now! 🙂

7 replies

Badge +2
Again, fantastic ideas and posts! keep it coming, you rock!

Userlevel 5
Will do! I'm always looking for new opportunities to leverage GPX 🙂

Userlevel 5
@harshibanka @link_black @mickey

FYI, as a follow up: I shared the above dashboards with our development team before their quarterly planning. I was able to demonstrate that, despite releasing an awesome new flagship feature, our users were simply not finding it on their own. After seeing the data, they just confirmed today at our QBR that they will be making this feature more available to our users!

We intend to create similar dashboards when we release significant features. Just wanted to say thank you for an awesome product!

Badge +2
This is soooo cool @julie_pinto , just gave me an idea for a new post from this! Rockstar!

Userlevel 5
That's awesome!! 🙂 Having the GPX data to back up our feature request helped bump it way up the priority list.

Badge +2
Yes, totally! My idea is: How CS Teams second their Feature Requests to Product Teams :)

Userlevel 5