Earlier this week, we presented the feature at a partner's conference for their users. It occurred to me that I could take the same custom dashboard and add a widget filtering down to that partner to see our conference presentation's impact on usage.
The blue arrows indicate when we presented the feature. As you can see, there's a clear jump in feature usage right away!
On another note, a use case for a feature-focused custom dashboard would be to do the following:
- Release new feature
- Create A/B testing groups (this would probably have to be done on an account level, as you can't filter by segment)
- Create custom dashboard with widgets measuring the usage of new features, with each widget filtering down to a testing group
- Let the feature run to measure organic usage and discovery
- Release an engagement highlighting the new feature to group A, while group B gets nothing
- Review the custom dashboard to see the impact of an engagement on feature usage compared to those who received no engagement
That's all for now! 🙂