I was hoping to get some ideas / learn some best practices from this community.
Our MAU / engagement is highly driven by UCG, mainly in the form of posts. You can think about it as any social media posts that are then read by the other users in the platform.
My question is:
How often do you ‘nudge’ users who haven’t posted yet? What kind of engagement have you used / worked best for you? did you share success story? did you try to share information about the individual benefits of posting?
I would appreciate any kind of information / feedback you have.
Best answer by mickey
It looks like the number of posts is your north star metric (I would track that in your dashboard next to MAU and New Users).
This fits into “feature activation” product play where it is usually about raising awareness of a feature. However, in your case, it looks like something you would like to encourage users to do.
My suggestions are:
- track the number of posts as PX user custom attribute and update the value through the identify call so it will be current.
- Use a ‘bar’ engagement without an overlay - so it will not block the user
- Use dynamic tokens in the message - and inject the current number of posts
- To nudge - you can use the ‘interval’ scheduling scope show it every x times and set the audience criteria to user.numberOfPosts is less than 1.
- As you start tracking results - we would love to hear back and have you post in this community!
Injecting user personalized tokens into an engagement:
Bar style that can show on the top or bottom