header
Solved

Guide engagement with dynamic / conditional elements?

• 13 May 2020
  • 4 replies

I’m creating a dialog guide-style engagement to walkthrough a reporting feature. It works fine in accounts that have reporting data in them, but in new accounts without any data, many of the elements that I have steps for are not present. In that case, when the user clicks “Next”, PX looks for the next element, can’t find it, and the tour just stops. Is there a way to have PX go to the next element that it *can* find, instead of just stopping?

icon

Best answer by acheslow 13 May 2020, 23:42

So as a workaround I inserted an “Intro” step in the very beginning that is linked to one of the elements that only appears when the account has data. That way, the engagement never shows if the account doesn’t have any data. Still, it would be nice if we had control over the behavior when the next element can’t be found. Maybe options to wait for it, end the engagement, or skip to the next step that can be found.

View original

4 replies

Hi @harshibanka thanks for the idea. I think we would have to do some dev work to expose that as an attribute to PX so it wouldn’t be ideal for us. Maybe helpful to someone else though, so thanks.

Userlevel 5

Hi @acheslow 

This is a great use case for the segmented guide based on the user’s context. It would be great to have 2 set of engagements relevant and targeted to both Group/Types of Accounts- Has Data and doesn’t have data. This can be passed to PX as an account attribute.

Let me know what you think.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Nice workaround @acheslow! I agree that having an “auto-skip” to next “available” step would be pretty nice.  Thanks for sharing your findings with our Community!

So as a workaround I inserted an “Intro” step in the very beginning that is linked to one of the elements that only appears when the account has data. That way, the engagement never shows if the account doesn’t have any data. Still, it would be nice if we had control over the behavior when the next element can’t be found. Maybe options to wait for it, end the engagement, or skip to the next step that can be found.