Solved

Gainsight PX API save app process time duration

• 3 October 2019
  • 3 replies

I am trying to leverage gainsight PX API so that I can POST information about how long a certain process takes (from the backend). So basically, I will have a call in Java that determines the time from method 1 until the app gets to method 2, then save that time somehow to Gainsight (along with other information like which process this was and possibly user information). Is this possible? And how do I achieve this?

icon

Best answer by angelo 7 October 2019, 18:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Welcome to the Community, @jshowe8 !

Thanks for posting, and we're working on getting you an answer shortly.

When you have a moment, we recommend Following the PX category so you can stay up-to-date on the latest PX conversations and product tips!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@jshowe8 Hi Jeff! Do you mind sharing which company you're from, so we can make sure your CSM is looped in to better assist here? Thanks!

Hi Jeff... yes, you can use the Gainsight PX Public (REST) API to push in offline events.

Use the Custom Event Function call, here for the API call details:

https://aptrinsic.docs.apiary.io/#reference/custom-events/v1eventscustom/create-custom-event

You can include attributes such as the duration, process, etc. The custom event will be associated with a specific UserId that should match a userId that already exists in PX from a previous login so that the custom event will be assigned against.