Solved

First seen = Signed Up? Is "First seen" working?

• 6 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’m trying to trigger an engagement for new users to our software using the “First seen” filter for Users but it doesn’t seem to be working. 

I’ve tried using “Less than” 14 days and also just manually entering dates like below:

I know the engagement is working as a whole, because I’ve removed the above filter and just put in specific emails. When I did that, the engagement displays for the specific users.

I confirmed that there are users who are new as well in audience explorer, but the vocabularly used in PX is inconsistent:

In Audience explorer it only has “Signed up”.

So I have two questions here:

1. Does “Signed Up” in Audience Explorer = “First seen” in Engagements?
  2. Does “First seen” work at all?

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Christian Scott 6 February 2020, 20:45

View original

3 replies

Badge +1

Hi @Christian Scott 

SignedUp date will be updated by default when first Identify Call for the user is been triggered by PX. 

And First Visit or First Seen will be recorded when the customer application is passing that particular date in the identify call.

So if you are not passing First Visit or First Seen in your identify call SignedUp date will the field to use for when customers first came in.

Please let me know if you have questions and I am happy to discuss further.

Thanks,

Mike

PX Support

Got it,

So the “Signed Up” date is generated by PX.

“First Seen” would need to be generated on our side and then passed to you guys.

I’ll just make sure to use “Signed Up” in the Engagement Audience qualifier section.

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Christian Scott 

Scenario-based example:

Let's assume there is an organization started in 2016, so we will generally have the users signed up and logged in to the end application.

example:

User U1 Signed up Date: 12/12/2016

User U1 Logged in For the first time on 12/12/2016

So, in the backend, your data will be saved as above.

Assume that after 4 years, the organization’s end application is configured with PX on 01/20/2020

Now, when the user U1 logged into the application as usual, but now he will be tracked by PX.

By default, PX will be considering the signup date on the user’s first identify call

Here is how PX captures the data:

User U1 Signed-up date: 01/20/2020. 

However, it's not the right value for signed-up date, so you will always have a freedom of sending the original data via attributes configured in the identify call,upon which your orginal data will be reflected in PX.

aptrinsic('identify',

{

//User Fields

"id": b + "PXID", // Required for logged in app users

"email": a,

"firstVisitDate":1481528671,

"signUpDate": 1481528671,

});

please refer the below image

Hope this helps

Thanks

Dileep Nalla