Solved

Engagement Performance: Clicked Count

• 30 May 2019
  • 5 replies

What constitutes a click?

I presume in an email it would be any clicks on urls or buttons.

How about for an in-app modal (a dialog engagement) which has the following clickable items:

• Green CTA button

• X dialogue button

Just trying to understand if the numbers I am looking at are inflated because they would include a user clicking on the X button?

Thanks GSPX community!

icon

Best answer by harshibanka 26 July 2019, 23:40

View original

5 replies

Badge +2
Hi @ryankapur ,

Thanks for posting your question.

Only clicks on links inside an engagement constitutes for a click and not buttons.

Hope this answers your question.

Keep them coming!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey @harshibanka

If we have multiple links in the same engagement, are clicks on any and all of them counted toward "CTAs"?

And if we embed a video in an engagement, and the user clicks play, does that count as a click?

Badge +2
@lila_meyer see my responses inline below:

If we have multiple links in the same engagement, are clicks on any and all of them counted toward "CTAs"?

- Yes. We capture all link clicks, but not distinctively or unique clicks. For eg: A Dialgoue has 3 links, If a user clicked 3 times on the same link, it will show the count 3 or if the user clicked on all 3 links, even then count will be 3.

And if we embed a video in an engagement, and the user clicks play, does that count as a click?

- No, we capture only links clicks, not video clicks.

Hope that answers your question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@prashant_mathapathi Can you make sure the above info is added to PX docs?

Thanks Lila,

Currently, we are developing documents for the PX Analytics module. We will include this info in the Engagement Analytics document.