Question

Client vs customer

• 22 October 2020
  • 4 replies

What is the difference between client and customer?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Great question!
I Would love to hear more about which context you are looking for regarding this in this community?

I & google believe that a client is the one who wants professional support/service from the company. Whereas, a customer refers to a person who purchases products or services from the company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

What is the difference between client and customer?

@kimimiles Did you get a chance to view comments posted by @dileepnalla . Please leave your comments here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Great question!
I Would love to hear more about which context you are looking for regarding this in this community?

I & google believe that a client is the one who wants professional support/service from the company. Whereas, a customer refers to a person who purchases products or services from the company.

That’s always been my impression after 20+ years in the profession that clients generally buy services and customers generally buy products, though in reality they are mostly interchangeable. This is especially true now as concepts like Software as a Service blur the lines separating products and services. 

Thanks for the recommendation. I also found this review https://differencebtwn.com/difference-between-client-vs-customer