Solved

Ability to filter the Users based on Desktop browser v/s Mobile Browser

• 29 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

If a user logs into the application where Web app-tag (Tag-key-2) is configured, we would be able to track that user information even though the application is being used from the Mobile Browser. 

But we won’t be able to distinguish whether it is from mobile browser or from the Desktop browser. Because both browser information is displayed as same in the Recent activity of the User.

So it would be helpful if we have the ability to separate the both browsers or can be able to filter out the users who are using mobile browser and who are using the Desktop browser. If we can achieve this condition we can also send separate engagements for users in different browsers, that would be helpful.

icon

Best answer by link_black 29 January 2020, 23:14

View original

6 replies

Badge +2

@harshibanka FYI

cc: @mickey + @angelo 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Gainsight PX does track record the “User Agent” value sent by the web browser and it does have this identification information available.  So, I think some/all of the above is already possible.

See below from my PX User Profile screen:

Here is that same field being used in Audience Explorer, Analytics, and Engagement Audience Logic:

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@link_black thanks for sharing it here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I also wanted to add that you can easily retrieve this “User Agent” value from your internet browser using some simple JavaScript provided here.  I think this opens up many possibilities to include more rich user data (from the current internet browser) in the PX Identify call code,  PX Custom Events API, or even PX Global Context API.  

Badge +2

@link_black this is very cool, thanks for sharing.

fyi ​​​​@Julie-Pinto