We're moving to a new Community platform!

• 15 October 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We’re excited to announce the Gainsight Community is moving to a new platform. All of your posts, comments, points, and profile information will be migrated to the new platform on October 25. The only change you will need to make after the new site launches is to re-set your password. You’ll still access the Community at https://community.gainsight.com.

On October 25, the site will be in read-only mode while we make the switch. During this time, you will not be able to register, post, comment/reply, or vote/like posts on the Community.

In general, the user experience will look very similar on the new site, with some helpful new options. On the new platform you’ll be able to:

• Mark responses to your own posts as helpful, to acknowledge the best answers or solutions

• Create a private post for Gainsight Community Admins to view/reply

• Follow other Community members to view their latest activity

• Tag, or @mention other Community members on a post to facilitate conversation ([i]Note: this will be available in the next few months)

• Like or Follow any post. There are no “me too” or “vote” options in the new system. The me too and voting data from our old platform appears as “likes” in the new system.

• Filter posts by Authors in the refine search results options

After we make the switch on October 25, please visit the Community site to update your password. Since passwords are encrypted, we’re unable to migrate this data to the new site. After logging in, you’ll be presented with a few optional questions that will display on your public profile page. Then you can begin using the new and improved Community!

Community Migration FAQs

Q: Why do I have to change my password on the new Community site?

A: Since passwords are encrypted, we can’t migrate this data to the new platform. Please update your password after the new site is live.

Q: Will all of my posts and points be migrated to the new Community site?

A: Yes, all of the posts, comments, status, and points earned will be migrated to the new site.

Q: Will the Community site be unavailable for some period of time?

A: Yes, the current Community site will be in read-only mode starting on Oct. 23 at 9pm PT, to ensure all of the data is migrated to the new platform. We expect the new site to be available by Oct. 24 at noon PT.

Q: Is the URL for the Community changing?

A: No. You will still access the Community at https://community.gainsight.com

Q: Why are you switching Community platforms?

A: We are excited to a switch to a new platform with greater reporting, moderation, and social capabilities, and one that the vendor will continue to invest in making improvements to.

Q: Who should I contact if I have Community login problems, or any other Community feedback?

A: Email community@gainsight.com

Q: Can I update or change my email address (login) when I update my password?

A: After you login, you can change your email address in your profile page.

Q: Can I update my alternate email address?

A: You can enter a secondary or alternate email address as part of the registration process. Also, when existing users sign into the new Community for the first time, you will be presented with a list of questions that includes your alternate email address.

Q: What are the key differences in end user functionality between the old and new Gainsight Community platforms?

A:

• You can @mention other users in your post or comments [i]([i]Note: this will be available in the next few months)

• For all post types, you can Like or Follow the posts. There are no “me too” or “vote” options in the new system. The me too and voting data from our old platform appears as “likes” in the new system.

• You can mark a response to your own post as helpful.

• You can send a private message to the Community Admins.

• You can Follow other Community members to view their latest activity.

• You can filter posts by Authors in the refine search results options

Q: How are points and badges awarded? Are there any changes from the old system?

A: Points are awarded for the same activities as in the past. We’re introducing a new badge system which allows us to acknowledge members for earning points and reaching new levels. You will see the new badges next to your name and on your profile. We'll share more info soon!

Feel free to post additional questions here, and we'll do our best to respond!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We're shifting the planned downtime for the site and go-live by about 24 hours to 10/24. We'll keep you posted here with any additional updates!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We've had some delays with the SSL certificate, so the downtime and migration have also been delayed. We expect the site downtime to begin around 1am PT on 10/24, and the new site to be available around 8am PT on 10/25.