Service Incident: Filter in Rules and Copilot Outreaches Being Ignored

• 13 September 2016
  • 10 replies

Badge +1
SUMMARY

We are currently investigating reports of CoPilot Power Lists and Rules not returning expected results when using "contains" or "does not contain" as a phrase operator in filters because the filter is ignored. 

Rules: As a work-around, move the filter using "contains" or "does not contain" from the Setup Page section to the action section. 

CoPilot Power List: As a work-around, remove filters using "contains" or "does not contain". 

NEXT STEPS

Gainsight is working to fix this issue and push out a patch release as soon as the patch has gone through QA. 

FOR MORE INFORMATION

Please subscribe to this article for regular updates until the issue is resolved. If you have questions about this issue, please open a ticket with us by sending a note to support@gainsight.com.

UPDATE

Wednesday, September 14 : A patch has been pushed to address this issue. Thank you for your patience as we worked through this.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Emily is there any way to identify what rules/powerlists were/are affected?  We have a large number of rules and outreaches and it will take a lot of effort to go through all of them to try and edit manually.
Hi Emily, can you give a bit more detail as to the unexpected results that are being returned? Are people experiencing missing results (false negatives), addition results (false positives), or a mixture of both?
Badge +1
Not sure if there is a better way, one option I can think of is(only for rules) - create a report on "Automated Alert Rules" object by adding RelatedId, TriggerCriteria in "show me" section and apply "contains" as inline filter. Please see attached for more details.

Badge +1
Update: We've pushed out a fix which resolves this issue. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Emily, how long was this an issue?  How can we tell the level of impact?  Do we need to re-run rules/outreaches?  Was there any impact to using "contains" / "does not contain" in Reports?
Badge +1
Jeff - This was introduced on Friday. Essentially, if you had a filter which included the phrase operator "contains" "does not contain", the filter would be ignored. The list or rule did not fail. Steve is reaching out to discuss next steps. 
Badge +1
Rich - Essentially, if you had a filter which included the phrase operator "contains" "does not contain", the filter would be ignored. The fix for this was pushed out today. 
Badge +1
Hi Emily - 

Can you please provide us with the dates during which this issue affected outreaches? My apologies if it is listed above and I missed it.

Thank you,

Lauren
Badge +1
Lauren - This incident spanned September 9 to September 14. If one of your copilot outreaches was affected, we reached out to you directly.
Badge +1
Thank you, Emily. I am troubleshooting some CSMs claiming that their accounts didn't receive an email. In order for me to determine whether or not the issue was this incident, I needed those dates. 🙂