Sandbox Environment Release Changes

Badge +1
We are making some changes in our upgrade process that will take effect with our November release. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday in the USA, the November release is targeted for Tuesday, November 29.

Going forward, for our major and minor releases, we will have separate processes for upgrading Sandbox versus Production Orgs

Sandbox Process Changes:

• Two weeks prior to the customer release, we will upgrade all Sandbox environments (except when there is an opt out) with a beta (near final) version of the release. This will give customers with Sandbox environments an opportunity to preview the release.
  • On the customer release day, we will upgrade all Production Orgs (except when there is an opt out) with the final release version.
  • Within a couple of days after the customer release, Sandbox environments will be upgraded from the beta version to the final version.

Opt Out of Automatic Release Upgrades:

To add or remove an Org from the Opt Out List, customers must file a support ticket and provide the Org ID. 

Per existing processes, customers may opt out of releases by requesting that a Salesforce Org be placed on the Opt Out List. While there are reasons why this is sometimes necessary, we strongly advise staying current with releases, and in particular, we recommend avoiding being more than one release behind. 

10 replies

Badge +3
For those who listened to our product roadmap webinar today this is the change in release procedure that I referred to!!
Badge +1
We are currently 2 weeks out from the 29th and our team is anxiously awaiting a preview to prepare for some of the expected changes. Will this be released today? Will there be any updates that need to be made on the admin's end to receive the release in Sandbox?
Badge
I came here with the same question 🙂
Badge +3
Expect the sandbox upgrade tonight.  Nothing new needed from you.
Badge +3
Hi Folks,  Testing uncovered an item that caused us to need to delay the sandbox upgrade by a day.  New plan is to push to sandboxes tonight.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Is it possible to get an early version of Release Notes too?  Hard to know what to test/validate in Sandbox without those.

Apologies if that is posted elsewhere and I missed it.
Badge +3
You should be getting something shortly, Jeff.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks Karl!
Badge +1
Is there a place to provide feedback on the Sandbox release? Or pose questions? I am trying to see how Activities sync back to SF and it doesn't appear to be working in the Sandbox environment currently. Or I just need to make some adjustment and am unsure of how to do so in order to be prepared for the release to Production.
Badge +3
See https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/categories/gainsight_early_releasesandbox_feedback