November Release is Coming in 2 Weeks!

• 16 November 2016
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

On November 29, Gainsight will release a lot of important product enhancements. We’re also hosting a live demonstration of the new functionality on Dec. 1 from 8:30am - 10:00am Pacific -- click here for more details and to sign up! (The webinar is primarily for Gainsight Admins, although others are welcome.)

Starting with November’s release, we’re changing how we upgrade Sandbox environments. This week we’ll upgrade Sandbox orgs with a beta release version prior to the final release. Click here for more information.

Here’s a sneak peek at some of the enhancements included in the November release:

• Custom Cockpit List Views: users can save their favorite filtered views of CTAs in Cockpit

• Survey & CoPilot enhancements make it easier to close the feedback loop

• Custom C360 page layouts: configure up to 11 different C360 page layouts and apply them to different Accounts and for different Users

• Customer360 Timeline (Beta): users can log updates, calls, meetings, or emails in the form of an activity on the new C360 Timeline page

• Report Builder improvements including Freeze First Column in tabular reports, filter by current user and other users, and export reports built with Data Spaces into PPTs

• CoPilot Power Lists and Outreach creation for internal SFDC users; as well as CSV file import of emails ID’s into Power Lists

• Gainsight Connect (Beta) for importing SFDC data into standard MDA objects from Account/Customer Info, Company, Relationships, and User

• Export a snapshot of your Gainsight configuration, including Rules and Objects

And don’t forget to try out Gsnap, our easy and fun video communications feature, before the promotion ends in December!

14 replies

Hi Lila,

When you say filter by Current User and Other User in the report builder, is that functionality now going to be available on the scorecard object? Currently we can't filter by current user on the relationship scorecard object. Can you confirm?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Sanaa, I'm checking with our product management team for more info. 

Update on 11/18: sorry for the delay; I'm pinging the PM again for details. Thanks for your patience!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I also wanted to point out a change that users will see immediately after your orgs are upgraded on 11/29, so that you can give them a head's up about what's coming!

When users navigate to the Customer360 page, they will immediately see a new Timeline view. The Timeline view enables users to log activities and notes from their customer calls, meetings, emails, and so on, in chronological order. The traditional C360 view is still available and is now called the Details view. These views are sticky, so whichever page was last viewed will appear by default the next time a user visits the C360. (More information will be available in the release notes.)

While the activity layouts can be customized by the Admin, the Timeline view itself is automatically visible in the new release. Also, the Timeline view will not be available in the Relationship 360 yet.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
The Current User/Other User option should be available when reporting on the Scorecard Fact table sitting in MDA. Two points to note:

• Owner, CSM type fields are not available by default in that table. So if you are not doing this already, you might have to sync this information to MDA and join with Scorecard data.
  • The field you want to filter on should have a User Id or User Name SFDC mapping in place. This is accessible through Admin -> Data Management.
Is there anyway that I can get the release notes for this release?  I see that V5.4(Nov 2016) has been applied to our sandbox and would like to begin testing today.  Thanks.
Badge +1
Are we able to remove the Timeline view until I can properly train my team on the new feature?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Renee,

I don't believe it can be removed/disabled, which is why I wanted to bring it to your attention! However, it is very simple to use, and users can delete activities later if necessary.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Karen, I will email you a draft of the 5.4 release notes.
Badge +1
When will it be available for Relationships?  What if we convert to Relationships?  How will that affect the Timeline feature?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
In a future release, possibly February.
Got them!  Thanks Lila!
Hi Lila-

Can  I get a draft of the release notes too?  The timeline feature is not working entirely and I'm not sure if its due to our config or if it is a bug I should report.

Thanks,

Brigid
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Brigid,

I'll email them to you. If you find things aren't working as expected, or you have a question, feel free to post in the new "Early Release/Sandbox Feedback" category on the Community. 

Thanks!
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Renee - If you start adding activities now from C360, they'll continue to be at the Customer level and won't automatically show up on any R360 (once we have that available). Turning the feature off is not recommended, but is technically possible and can be raised with TechOps on a per case basis.