Known Issue: CTA Comments Showing HTML Tags

Badge +1
In Gainsight release 4.40, an issue was introduced which is causing HTML formatting to be stripped from CTA Comments. When looking at comments which previously had HTML formatting, you will now see the tags. A fix for this will be available in the June 2016 release. 

10 replies

Badge
Any chance of a hot patch to fix this earlier? A month of unreadable comments is a real problem.

Awhile back there was a similar problem with formatting of synched SFDC tasks that was fixed after quite some time. Out end users saw that issue as a major problem, and I'd like to avoid a repeat of that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Similar situation here. Our CSMs link to comments field often and this will cause frustration.

Is it only CTA Comments to which this applies? I had a Comments field created for Tasks, and we use the Task Description field pretty heavily with URLs
This is also affecting the CS 360 comments field.
Badge +1
Kristin and Jeff, 

Thanks for the feedback. I have escalated this to our engineering team to find out if we can get this fixed pushed to customers sooner. I will post back as soon as I have more details. Thanks! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Echoing the concern and impact. Among my users, this has made the CS360 Comments field significantly harder to use, read and update. We spend significant effort promoting the use of that field among our users, and the bug here diminishes our hope that Gainsight and this particular field be the "source of truth" for the latest and greatest updates regarding our customers.

I'm concerned about needing to wait until June for a hotfix on this one.
Hi Mathew.

The comments in Summary has been fixed yesterday and should work as expected . 
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
We have links in the Attributes section of C360 that are also apparently impacted.  Just wanted to make sure that was reported as well.

This is an issue and needs a fix. I will keep you posted about happenings around this. Thanks for reporting, Jeff.
Badge
Is anyone else STILL having this issue? It's incredibly frustrating for the comments to be illegible from all the HTML tags. Please advise. 
Badge
Hi Sierra, 

Can you let us know the exact issue you are facing? As this is a very old post and there were quite few changes made around CTA comments in between. 

Would suggest to have a new community post for better tracking and visibility.

Regards,

Hitesh