July's Red Hot Product News!

• 7 July 2020
  • 7 replies
July's Red Hot Product News!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

July v6.16 Release is Coming Soon

Our July CS release is huge! NXT orgs will receive the release on July 14 (EU) and July 18 (US). Salesforce orgs will receive the release on July 21. Highlights of this release include:

• Improved License Management features for assigning licenses by type and in bulk via CSV, as well as reporting on license assignment.

• More intuitive and better organized Admin navigation experience. (NXT only in July release; SFDC update coming soon)

• Ability to create customer Segments and use them in JO Programs, with the option to apply in other Gainsight applications in future releases.

• More Sightline Vault solutions to standardize your new customer onboarding and renewal processes, as well as dashboards for various personas.

• Associate Relationships to Renewal Center opportunities, leveraging Relationship-level Scorecards & Timelines and bringing Relationship data into the Likelihood to Renew Score, for more precise and effective renewal management.

• New CX Center for analyzing customer sentiment across sources like Timeline and Surveys, to help improve your customer experience and product usability, predict market trends, and identify potential churn. (add on application)

You can read more about the upcoming release in our NXT and SFDC draft release notes.

NXT 6.15.2 Patch Release is Live

A minor patch release was pushed out on July 1 for NXT orgs. A few enhancements to Scorecard measure configuration were included, plus some fixes. Please refer to the patch release notes for the complete details.

Survey 1.0 Retirement Plans

For SFDC edition customers, we are removing the ability to create new surveys using Survey 1.0 with the September SFDC customer release. Gainsight recommends customers manually review their existing 1.0 surveys, and migrate them to Surveys 2.0, as well as create any new surveys using Survey 2.0. Customers can continue to view, edit and use 1.0 surveys after the September release. 

Change to Timeline External Attendees Functionality

For SFDC edition customers, Timeline External Attendees will only work with Gainsight Standard Objects starting July 7. Timeline External Attendees functionality will use data from the Gainsight Standard object Company Person, instead of the SFDC Contact object.

This enhancement requires syncing SFDC Contact data to Gainsight. For more information, refer to the Sync SFDC Contacts to Gainsight for Timeline External Attendees article.

If you do not have a SFDC Contact data sync configured to Gainsight Standard objects, the External Attendee search function will stop working as expected when this feature is enabled on July 7.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @lila_meyer are there any updates around permissions being honored for Global Timeline? Not sure if I missed news somewhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @ana_g That’s not in our July release. I’ll check with the product team if that’s coming soon.

Hi @lila_meyer, I saw that there was a comment on this post stating that the ability to edit the “From” email address in the Email Assist feature would be rolling out in the July release -- just wanted to see if I’m missing anything in the release notes or if it has been pushed back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@chethana can you comment on the above question related to Email Assist?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @ana_g That’s not in our July release. I’ll check with the product team if that’s coming soon.

Hi @lila_meyer any updates here? We were given a July ETA originally.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@ana_g The permissions in Global Timeline enhancement is coming in the late August/early Sept. release. I mistakenly replied earlier to @iloukanova ‘s question about email assist, so let me check on that one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The NXT release will be live for EU customers on Tues. 7/14. You can see a preview of what’s new in this 11-min. video, and find the final published release notes here (tomorrow)!