CS v6.8 is Live in Production Orgs!

• 31 October 2019
  • 3 replies
CS v6.8 is Live in Production Orgs!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

For orgs that opt in to automatic upgrades, the November v6.8 release is live! 

Highlights from this release:

• Data Designer (beta): Easily discover richer, more meaningful insights from your customer data. Data Designer provides a simple, easy-to-use solution to merge and transform your data, then make it accessible across the Gainsight platform for further analysis and exploration. Available for all customers with this release.

• Click here to register for the webinar on Nov. 19 at 9am Pacific: Intro to Gainsight Data Designer – Our Powerful New Data Exploration Tool

• Rules Engine: A new Action type called Call External API now allows you to interact with external applications, to automate activities like posting messages to Slack, creating Zendesk or Jira tickets, and so on.

• Sandbox Management: You can now refresh your Gainsight Sandbox orgs directly from the new admin page called Sandbox Management.

• Tableau integration for SFDC edition: bring Gainsight CS data into Tableau for more powerful visualizations!

• Replacing Scorecard Measure Comments with Timeline-like Activity Feed: You can create an Activity for a Measure or the Overall score, that captures the current score. Activities in the Scorecard can be created either from the C360/R360 or Mass Edit report pages. Rules can also automatically create Activities for Scorecards based on health score changes, up to once per week.   

• Trigger PX In-app Engagements from Journey Orchestrator: Gainsight CS now integrates Journey Orchestrator (JO) with Gainsight PX. You can trigger PX in-app engagements from Programs, take action based on the engagement events in Programs, and analyze and measure Program and Engagement effectiveness. This integration helps customers achieve a unified customer engagement strategy by leveraging the best of both JO and PX applications.

• People Maps allows you to overlay influence relationships between customer contacts modeled in People Maps to better understand who the influencers are, and navigate through the decision making process.

Resources:

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@lila_meyer  I have a question about the Scorecard Timeline enhancement.  These will be captured as type “Update” - if we have made Duration field mandatory on the Update Timeline type, will that cause an issue when rules attempt to update Scorecard comments?    Who would be the right person of whom to ask that question?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Jeff - can you explain a bit on the rationale for making duration mandatory on an Update activity type? Would that be just the time that it was spent on writing the timeline update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@dan_ahrens I don’t quite know yet (it’s my 3rd day :blush: ) but just curious if that was going to prevent a rule from completing.  And actually, it appears we have the Update type disabled altogether - I don’t yet know the rationale for that either.