Beta Testing Opportunity - Cockpit Calendar Integration

• 28 January 2020
  • 39 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Community! We have an exciting new feature that we are getting close to release and want to do some beta testing with some engaged end users. 

Cockpit Calendar Integration  

What does the feature do: It allows CSM’s to add CTA’s to their calendar as events!! 

Why would they want that: CSM’s start and plan their day from the calendar. Having your important  CTA’s visible on your calendar will ensure that they don’t miss any critical due dates and better plan their day. 

How can I choose what CTA’s get added to my calendar: Users can set a filter criteria for CTA’s to be automatically added to their calendar (Eg: sync all my Risk CTA’s due next week) or manually add them from Cockpit.

What all can I do from the synced calendar event : User can navigate to the CTA in Gainsight directly from the calendar event. In addition to this, users can update CTA due date & CTA Name directly from the calendar. Also if CTA due-date’s are updated in Gainsight the calendar event in automatically updated

What if too many calendar events get created: When defining the filters user can preview how many CTA’s will get synced to their calendar to give them a sense of how many events will be added. Also at any point of time users can delete all the synced events and redefine the filters to start over again. 

Does this work for Google & Outlook Calendars: Yes 

Is it available for both SFDC & NXT Editions: No, its available only in  Gainsight NXT  

Criteria - Available only for  NXT. Works for both Google and Outlook calendars. You should also be using Cockpit.

Timing - we want to choose testers no later than Feb 4!

Interested? Send me a DM or reply to this thread so we can get the conversation started. 

39 replies

Awesome @rajyalakshmi_vele - My team and I would be interested in testing this.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @jason_hoe , Thank you for your interest, I will be sending you a beta invitation shortly.

Badge

Hi @rajyalakshmi_vele,
We’re really interested in trying this out!

Userlevel 4
Badge

@robert_lilleby Thank you for your interest, I will be sending you a beta invitation shortly.Please fill out a short survey that will be mentioned in the email

Badge

Hi @rajyalakshmi_vele , this is very exciting news. We are using Gainsight SFDC edition, is there a way for the SFDC edition folks to test out the new feature?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @jaw This is a NXT only feature and there are no plans to enable this for SFDC edition.This is because the feature relies on the new Cockpit version which is built on NXT/MDA. The legacy version of Cockpit built on SFDC objects does not support this.

Badge

thank you for the update @rajyalakshmi_vele !

Badge

Hi @rajyalakshmi_vele ,

Upon authorization between Gainsight and Outlook Calendar I’m asked for admin approval.

Any guidance from your end on the matter?

Regards,

Robert

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @robert_lilleby Thank you for sharing this here, our engineering team is looking into this, we will get back to you soon.

Badge

Hi @robert_lilleby,

Gainsight tries to make a call to Microsoft to establish connection and when doing that i am assuming some company settings might be blocking it, we will look more into it, meanwhile can you also check with your Admin about the same.

Regards,

Hitesh

Hi @rajyalakshmi_vele 

I’ve been able to authorize my Outlook calender and I have a tick icon. I created a CTA against an internal account we use for testing and confirmed that I created a CTA type and reason which aligns with the settings I’ve set. I unfortunately can’t see this CTA in my calender as per the below paragraph from your PDF.

Users must first authenticate their calendars to add all the CTA's that match the criteria to the
calendar. Once the user completes authentication, all the events are added as a Day Long
calendar events and are marked as free to not interfere with any other schedules. The event
name will be the name of the CTA and the event date will be the CTA due date.

In the Calendar Configuration tab, it has picked up 2 CTAs matched the above criteria but when I look in my Outlook calendar (desktop & online), I don’t see the day long calendar events for the next 7 days.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi @jason_hoe 

We have a schedule that identify CTA’s that match the criteria and add them to your calendar. This runs every 3 hrs, so there might be upto a 3 hrs delay in seeing your CTA’s.

Can you let us know if you are still unable to see the CTA’s?

(If it’s still not visible can you try to manually add a CTA to your calendar for now)

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

While configuring, inactive reason codes are available to select. This is very confusing. Additionally, reason codes that are not associated with the types that are selected are also available to select. It makes sense if an code was selected and later made inactive but if I am adding new codes, it would does not make sense that inactive reason codes would be available to add.

Suggestion:

• Only active types and reason codes are available to add
  • Only reason codes associated with the select types are available to add. For example, if I only have “lifecycle” as a type, “risk” reason codes should not be allowed to be selected bc they will never sync since the type is not selected as well.
Badge

Hi @andreammelde , there are 2 points that your talking about,

1. Seeing Inactive CTA types and reason: If any CTA type/reason thats created at global level and then deactivated at company or relationship level, it will still be seen as its active and still being used somewhere. If thats not the case, do let us know the behaviour you are seeing and we will investigate 
  2. Showing of Reason code related to the Type selected: By knowingly we haven’t added any  filter for reason as defining filter would be a less number of operations and here user has the flexibility to select what reasons he want, also in the bottom we do show the number of CTAs that are satisfying the above condition and incase the user has selected wrong reason he would know that by the count. Let me know if the current behaviour is causing confusions.

Regards,

Hitesh

Hi @aditya_marla  - thanks and it now appears!

@rajyalakshmi_vele  a thought on this feature as I imagine if you have a lot of CTAs due at a given period, that may overwhelm or flood your calendar. Would it be useful if you can sync by priority status (low, medium, high)?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @jason_hoe  We have plan of giving more option in filtering capabilities, we will consider this feedback thanks a lot for sharing.

Badge

Hi @robert_lilleby : We have researched about the permission thing that your seeing and as mentioned its related to allowing the Gainsight App to be able to be allowed in our Azure portal.

For doing that, ask your Admin to navigate to below URL and grant permission to Gainsight app.

URL:  https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/authorize?client_id=6cd07c04-af3e-4917-b505-32a49a792f7c&response_type=code&prompt=admin_consent

More Information: https://support.robinpowered.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005956286--You-can-t-access-this-application-when-authenticating-as-service-account

In case any more info is needed, do let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Hitesh

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Feedback from users:

• It would be helpful if it created calendar reminders at the task level versus the parent CTA level as almost all of our assigned (biz reviews, survey responses) as well as activity/call related CTAs consist of multiple steps. If not able to send at task level, it'd be nice to have details on the associated tasks within then body of the calendar invite as otherwise the CTA title may not include very helpful/actionable information. I know that the intent is to drive awareness for things that need to be closed out in Gainsight, but given it continues to be where additional notes/outcomes are included, I think a better flow would be to equip our team with the action they need to take so they can move forward, and then go close out the task and add context within Gainsight.
  • when I clicked on "view CTA" to take me back into Gainsight, I was prompted to enter my username and log in even though I'm already signed in via other tabs. It'd be nice if this honored that - or at least prepopulated username based on the user clicking through from their calendar.
Badge

@hitesh_sharma ,

Thank you for your guidance.

I’ve relayed that to our admin, and I’m getting feedback that upon authorization they are landing on a blank page:

?name=inline-116427994.png

Regards,

Robert

Badge

Hi Robert,

Will be sending a mail to you, lets try to figure out the problem and fix it.

Regards,

Hitesh

Hi @andreammelde 

Thanks a lot for sharing the feedback.

On #1) We wanted to add the ability to sync tasks as well based on the feedback and adoption we get. But this is something we definitely have on the roadmap for this feature. The main reason we did not add it initially is that we might end up cluttering users' calendars a lot.

Also what details about the task would you like to have visible in the calendar event? The names of the task/due dates?

On #2) Are you accessing Gainsight from within salesforce? Today we always redirect you to a Gainsight URL directly..this might be the reason for this. We will be fixing this behaviour soon (so that users don't need to login again)

Once again, thanks for sharing the feedback. Please share any other feedback you or your team have on the functionality or UX

Regards

This sounds like an awesome feature! I know in my role I would use this heavily! Couple questions…

• Once out of beta, will this be available in the SFDC version?
  • Will this be available at the task level as these are the actual to-do’s in the CTA?
  • How will the CTA show in the calendar since there is no specific time denoted for CTA’s?
  • Are these events blocking time on the calendar or are they synced as reminders?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @joshua_roskos Thanks for your interest! I think I can answer most of your questions.

• This feature is going to be available very soon to NXT customers only. 
  • In the initial release, as Aditya noted above, only CTAs will sync to your calendar. Task syncing is on the roadmap.
  • CTAs appear as Day Long events on your calendar, but they are marked as free, so as to not interfere with other events on your calendar.

Thanks @lila_meyer

Is there any plan to bring this functionality to SFDC?

Hi @joshua_roskos as of now, we don't have any plans of bringing this to the SFDC edition