Solved

6.5 Draft Release Notes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I see my sandbox is updated to 6.5 - do we have draft release notes ready yet?

icon

Best answer by lila_meyer 30 July 2019, 21:20

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Jeff,

The 6.5 draft release notes will be available in the next 24 hrs., and you'll find them in in-app messaging as well as we'll send them out via email. Thanks for your patience and apologies for the delay!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Sure would be nice if the notes could precede the updates by a day. I was testing something today that suddenly wasn't working like it used to - I assume it's an update based on the new release.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Agreed with the above, it would be good to know what's going to be in-app prior to logging in to discover changes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I understand, and the team just doesn't have access to demo orgs and such in order to produce the release notes sooner. But there's some discussion of reducing the frequency of releases, which would help us a lot. ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Wait - usually I think we do get a notification on the same day that an update goes into QA. You mean you all create the release notes THE SAME DAY the update goes into QA? That's....crazy.

If we can't get advance notice before an update arrives, then we may have to go back to an opt-out situation for our sandbox org as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
We don't create the release notes on the day of the release, but it takes quite a bit of time to produce them given the size of the releases. Our goal is to provide draft release notes on the day of the Sandbox release.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
ok that makes more sense. I had this mental image of your doc team all typing frantically the morning of a release. LOL

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks, Jeff! I'll be able to share the draft momentarily.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Here are 6.5 draft release notes for the SFDC edition. The Sandbox upgrade started today, 7/30, and the Production upgrade is scheduled for Aug. 13.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thank you!

Also - Timeline Comments FTW!!!