This release includes:
- New SurveyMonkey Connector to integrate SurveyMonkey data into Gainsight.
- New Salesforce Connector that will replace Gainsight Connect for syncing data from Salesforce to Gainsight.
- New Upload CSV files to import Third Party NPS responses to Gainsight Survey 2.0, and analyze the NPS responses in the NPS Analytics tab.
- Success email notifications for Admins when using CTA/Task Mass Edit.
- Report filter component is enhanced with an “Includes” operator, which allows you to filter the report with multiple values on a single field, in the same filter.
- Report Sorting works on the entire dataset, not just on the data in the browser
- Folders are available in the Rules Engine to help organize your rules
- Edit, add, and delete the conditions of the Conditional Wait, even after the Program is published.
- View the Timeline activities of a Company’s Relationships on the C360 page.
I'm thinking of other customers (including @darkknight ) who might be concerned about this popping up when their CSMs are in the system.
Indeed, our Salesforce admin just confirmed this. I went ahead and closed out my support ticket. I appreciate your response! Thanks.
Thanks for raising this to Support. I kinda think this is coming from the Salesforce app, and not Gainsight...
I really hope this ISN'T a new feature coming (or at the very least we have the ability to turn it off) because I don't want my CSMs submitting feedback to Gainsight directly nor do I want them submitting to my Ops team via such a mechanism because we already have a process in place for this.
Also happy to see the includes operator for string fields, except curious why the limitation to only MDA objects in rules engine? Is ability with SF objects coming in a future release?