October v5.19 Release Highlights Video

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
To learn more about release v5.19 that's coming out on Oct. 16, check out this 8-minute overview video or the draft release notes:

13 replies

Thanks for the enhancements in the V 5.19 release. The improvements to the migration process are a good start. Although, we need a migration tool which is more stable and user friendly. Hope your team is working on it. Looking forward to the future release.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I may have just done a Happy Dance.

Retaining the schedule on rules switched to Inactive / Pausing a Rule is going to be awesome!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Jivesh,

Yes, we are still doing a ton of development work on our migration tool. We just couldn't wait to let you try these new features, so we released them while we continue work on the other features! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
The final published release notes are available now!
Thanks Lila Meyer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
1000 times yes!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Lila, in the release notes regarding X-Org Migration it states:

"New Dropdown Data Types can now be migrated through X-Org Migration Tool: Picklist/Multipicklist under Schema (Both Standard and Custom), and URL Datatype can now be migrated using the X-Org Tool. For more information about how to migrate Single Select and Multi Select Picklist, refer to the Corss-Org Migration article." (Typo, btw)

When I look at that referenced article, it appears to be talking specifically about Dropdown fields in MDA Standard or Custom tables.   Do you know if this includes fixing the issue where Salesforce picklist fields get migrated but the VALUE doesn't?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Jeff, welcome to the new Community!

Regarding your question, Salesforce picklist fields cannot be migrated with the Cross-Org tool. The enhancement in 5.19 was for migration of MDA picklist fields.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Lila are you saying SF picklist fields can't be migrated "right now" but will be in the future?

That's a pretty big gap if there aren't plans to include them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'll have to check with the product team, Jeff. I'm not sure about roadmap for this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks. What is not getting migrated today are actually Gainsight picklist items that live in Salesforce, like Call to Action::Type, Call to Action::Reason, Call to Action::Status - you'd think those would migrate.

The work around is to use the free text options like Reason Name, CTA Type Name and Status Name - but A) I don't want to have to go back through and invasively change all my rules and 😎 I can do "includes/excludes" with picklists when there are multiple options I want include/exclude.

Other items, like Customer Info picklist fields seem to migrate fine.

Let me know if this needs to be submitted to support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Lila - did you ever get an answer on this? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Checking back...stay tuned!